• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP HMS Phoebe 1795

Bava

Wannabe Shipwright
3D Artist
QC Advisor
Storm Modeller
Here´s a project I´ve been working on the last couple of days (about 12 hours total for this one), HMS Phoebe, a ship with a pretty interesting history. She´s been present at Trafalgar, captured Africaine, Nereide and, most notably, USS Essex in the War of 1812.

Dimensions:

Length of Gundeck 142' 9"
Breadth 38' 3"
Burthen 926 8⁄94

Armament:

26 * 18-pounders
10* 9-pounders
10* 32-pounder carronades
439 pound broadside weight

Crew: ~260

A model of Phoebe (post 1815)

A model of Diana (Phoebe will get this colour scheme)

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

Wireframe.jpeg

Wireframe2.jpeg

Oh, and many thanks to Captain Armstrong for giving me tons of interesting plans to choose from :)

Glad I could help!:)
It looks great so far, very english and distinctly different from the Revolutionnaire, Essex, or Hebe;) I like how it seems you are including the interior too, that always makes a ship more interesting if the polygons can be spared. I have one critisicim/ question about the headrails: Did you intend for the supporting vertical pieces to go through the top rail? in all models and real ships I can think of from this time this wasnt the case, and it looks like the top rail covers them in the plan.

Oops, good catch, CA! The supporters covering the top rail definitely is an anachronism, will change that asap :) And: glad you like her!

Back