• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise new Textures

black_kobluna

Landlubber
Hey everyone,

i just created a yellow black coloursheme for the potc build surprise, instead of the standard blue / yellow.

The Texture is to big to upload, even if create a rar-file.

So if you like it or like to add it to the build mod as additional colours for the frigate, just give me a wink how to send you the file at best. It's 516 kb as rar.

Attached a small screen of the ship...

regards
john

p.s. i changed the cabin to the cabin2 in ships.c as well, it looks pretty more realistic

Hey everyone,

i just created a yellow black coloursheme for the potc build surprise, instead of the standard blue / yellow.

The Texture is to big to upload, even if create a rar-file.

So if you like it or like to add it to the build mod as additional colours for the frigate, just give me a wink how to send you the file at best. It's 516 kb as rar.

Attached a small screen of the ship...

regards
john

p.s. i changed the cabin to the cabin2 in ships.c as well, it looks pretty more realistic

Attachments

• surprise_big2.jpg
    surprise_big2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 113
That looks pretty good, much more conventional for Nelson's Checker! :yes
It can be uploaded to the PotC Files FTP, and there's information on this forum of how to access that. Size doesn't matter there.

Off topic: when were the flags changed? Either my memory is rubbish or I missed something. :facepalm

That looks pretty good, much more conventional for Nelson's Checker! :yes
It can be uploaded to the PotC Files FTP, and there's information on this forum of how to access that. Size doesn't matter there.

Off topic: when were the flags changed? Either my memory is rubbish or I missed something. :facepalm

Hi Experienced Captain,

thank you very much for your fast reply. How can i upload something to the FTP here?

regards
John

edit:

Found it out myself :p the file is now available on the ftp (folder:john_surprise_textures)

Attachments

• cabin2_white.jpg
    cabin2_white.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 98
  • cabin2.jpg
    cabin2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 103
Here's a link to the files: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/john_surprise_textures/

Nice job on those textures; I especially like the interior cabin location retexture.
I reckon we can put that one to good use for some variety in the modpack.
Do you know any other ships that might look well with that cabin?

Here's a link to the files: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/john_surprise_textures/

Nice job on those textures; I especially like the interior cabin location retexture.
I reckon we can put that one to good use for some variety in the modpack.
Do you know any other ships that might look well with that cabin?

Hi Pieter,

thank you for posting the link here. The Cabin textures are not finished yet, it seems that some textureparts are used twice.. however the bottom of the desk / table in the great cabin is white now as well. Some wodden parts of the couch as well. It would be great if someone who is able to will change the use of the textures in cabin2 and create a copy of the cabin in the gamelogic. At current every Cabin2 is white if you use the textures. So the variety will only last for a moment :p

Generally most RN ships of the late 18th century and early 19th century had a white cabin i think. cabin in hms victory.

Cabin2 could be used for the most frigates and corvettes. These ships didnt have a balkony on the stern in general.

regards
john

I think it'll be fairly simple to put your modified texture files in RESOURCE\Textures\Locations\decks\RoyalNavy or something.
Then set:
Code:
	refShip.Cabin = "Cabin2";
refShip.DeckTexturesDir = "RoyalNavy";
Disadvantage to that is that ALL deck locations, not just the cabin, would then use the new texture.
But we could do some code modifications to get around that issue.

Back