• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Hoist The Colours storyline problem

JohnVrSo

Powder Monkey
So I am playing trough hoist the colors storyline and I'm currently at the point of the story where I have freed the slaves and I was told to go to Lighthouse bay, Barbados and talk to Annamaria. The only problem is that Annamaria is not at the lighthouse. I'm on Beta 3 september 25 update.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados. Barbados lighthouse.rar
    567.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Problem persists? Dammit. I'm going to have to check that, I suppose.
Not sure when I'll be able to find the time for it, but I'll try soon. :modding :modding :modding

And i somehow kept the Wicked Wench after i got the mission to pick up the special cargo. Maybe that has smth to do with it? As I understand I am supposed to get a company ship...

I have just had a look at your saved game.

You are missing a piece of the Map ;)

You have the Bottom Left piece & the top Left Piece. -- When you go to meet Annamaria at the Lighthouse you should by then also posses the Top Right piece. :yes

Bottom Left bit of map you get from either Skull or Eastwood on Nevis

Top Left bit from Shaypen after you kill Brock

Top Right piece from Annamaria when you meet her in Speightstown ( just after shaypen gives you her bit and leaves..
when Annamaria talks to you -- you must hire her to get the piece of the map and arrange to meet at the Lighthouse later.

Annamaria should have given you a bit it earlier when you met her in Speightstown.

Your quest book is also missing the entry under Aztec saying that Annamaria gave you part of the map.

:drunk

Well yes, I also didn't meet Annamaria in Speighstown. In fact, I haven't met Annamaria at all yet, altough under the Mystery Woman guest book entry there is a note saying that I met another woman who wanted to meet me at the lightshouse. But that entry appeared right after I went our own separate ways with Susan and I never met Annamaria... weiiird

Well yes, I also didn't meet Annamaria in Speighstown. In fact, I haven't met Annamaria at all yet, altough under the Mystery Woman guest book entry there is a note saying that I met another woman who wanted to meet me at the lightshouse. But that entry appeared right after I went our own separate ways with Susan and I never met Annamaria... weiiird

After Susan Shaypen leaves - in Speightstown - Annamaria should run up and talk to you - by the time you walk down those steps and take a few paces she should be there ( she runs over from somewhere near the tavern ) - so after Shaypen leaves don't immediately use Fast Travel to go anywhere. :no

I played through the first encounter with Annamaria a bit over a month ago; it still worked back then. :confused:

OK... the problem was that i pretty much immediately fast traveled after parting ways with Susan. I went back to Speighstown and she was there and I could get the quest underway. So problem solved

I already got the Wicked Wench from the father of Annabella Brin, the governor

:yes

Yes you get it from him as well as from Cutler Beckett - it is a bug -

It was going to be changed so that the governor gave you a different ship - I think if you play the option of returning the Brin girls to their father on Jamaica then the governor actually does give you a different ship - but changing the ship in this option was missed.

That is the problem with the Brock-Brinkley story - there are so many different paths the player can follow to complete the story that it gets confusing even for the coders. :modding:modding

OK... the problem was that i pretty much immediately fast traveled after parting ways with Susan. I went back to Speighstown and she was there and I could get the quest underway. So problem solved

Be careful using Fast Travel - in some places the quest writers have disabled Fast Travel when something is going to happen or the player has to meet someone - but that is not always the case.

So if in doubt - don't rush the quest just walk to places - port, tavern, etc and see who you meet on the way.

:doff

True that. At some point, I'd like to play through the various storylines myself and smooth out the rough edges that I know are out there.
That might be an enjoyable project, but also a time-consuming project and I'm not sure when I'll be able to work up the enthusiasm for that.
For now, I've just about had enough. :oops:

So I have to start from there again? Dammit... my patience is wearing thin

:no

You should be able just to go to Speightstown - Annamaria should still be there standing outside the tavern - she should talk to you - give you bit of map and ask to meet you at the Lighthouse ( you must hire her as an officer) - once she leaves go back to your ship & sail to Lighthouse - Annamaria should be there ( walks up to you when you land on beach and talks to you - the story should then continue from there.

I have just tested this with your Lighthouse Save from the 1st post and it works. :dance

One more thing that annoyed me and I think somebody should fix is that after talking to Davy Jones for the first time, you have the option to find Barbossa either on the beach in Martinique or at a Tavern in Tortuga. But going to the beach in Martinique wont start the quest so we should either remove the journal entry for Martinique or fix it so the player can start the quest from Martinique

You should be able just to go to Speightstown - Annamaria should still be there standing outside the tavern - she should talk to you - give you bit of map and ask to meet you at the Lighthouse ( you must hire her as an officer) - once she leaves go back to your ship & sail to Lighthouse - Annamaria should be there ( walks up to you when you land on beach and talks to you - the story should then continue from there.

I did exactly that before you even posted :p

Back