• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hook's Mod version 1.0 for TEHO 1.5.2

Since installing, I've lost my targeting reticle in 1st person ship view..

From the readme:

The cannon aiming crosshair is turned off by default, allowing you to use auto aiming in first person view the same way you do in third person view. If you press the left mouse button with no enemy ships nearby, you will get a message telling you to press C to turn the crosshair on to fire an aimed shot. If there is an enemy ship in your firing arc, the guns will simply fire using automatic aiming.

Hook

Is there a possibility that you could fix crashes during rain ?
And bug in Hero of the nation when you take this guy to saint martin and you should be attacked by the dutch but nothing happens ?

Hook If possible could you tell me if it's possible to use your console to end a quest and then restart it Particularly The quest in capsterville called prison break I just took out a lugger found a chest looted it and it had like 1300 diamonds in it but did and only to find out it didn't save properly and now i'm stuck in the town with this F******* englishman and he can't talk with me and nor me with him and i'm effectively locked inside the settlement not able to do anything. If there is a console command for this please let me know. Also as a side note since I've installed the 1.60 version of the mod sometimes i get corrupted saves and it crashes during loading screens which the corrupted save is what i meant when i said it didn't save properly. The corrupted saves don't happen too often so i just save more often to fix that. wish i had done that this time though...... As far as the rest of the mod goes everything else seems to be working fine. Haven't had any crashes during rain so far so i think that's fixed.

Last edited:
Greetings LarryHookins
I'm using version 1.6.0 of your good Mod. It greatly improves the gaming experience. Thank you.
I wonder why you have not posted it here, if you already explained it and I have not read it, sorry.
I would like to ask you if it is possible to achieve some effects to improve the game even more:
Something that bothers a little is the visible size of the crew on the boat because they make the boat look smaller than it should be.
Is it possible to decrease its size ?. Also in the GOF mod (CoAs) many new boats were included that greatly improve the game. Is it possible to include the same ones for this other SD (To each one his own)?

Marcin89. The mod has an option on console that fix it that. I think you means that. It is explained in the (readme.tex).

(Extracted from a guide): I'm trying to play a good character, and I've done Flying The Jolly Roger, and now every few days my nobility drops – This is a bug in the game. After you do Flying The Jolly Roger your nobility will drop continuously forever! This is awesome if you are an evil character... but if you are trying to redeem yourself and be good it is crap. The only way to fix this is to have Hook's mod. There is a console txt file in the mod that allows you to execute lines of code.
To stop the madness, you need to put the following line somewhere in the body of that console txt file, save, and execute the console in-game. (default * ). After you execute it you can delete the line out of the console file and save and close.
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "questTemp.Mtraxx.CharleePrince"); Thats it. Yeah... they literally forgot to put this line of code at the end of the Nemesis quest in FTJR DLC for the English version. It is that simple. Unfortunately they haven't fixed it yet themselves, so we have to.

Maybe you understand what it says here because I do not.

Last edited:
thank you Pieter.
How do i do that?
"Starting a new conversation"?
i dont see the option for PM

Last edited:
Yes, you must click on "start a conversation" in his profile page. Hook wasn´t here since the 29th of March.

Last edited:
WHY is link removed? I'd rather play 1.5.2 than update to 1.6.0 without this Mod. it just makes this game playable.

so i cant get this mod to work, its says i have to get teho mod wich i got and unpacked in the game folder where engine.exe is and then get this mod and unpack it in the game folder. but when i start the game it wont work. am i missing something here. is there so small install thingy i have to do.

Back