• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Hornblower blocked at start

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Now I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I am stuck right at the beginning of the Hornblower story. I have visited the naval place at the harbour edge and collected my orders, went to the Other place where they told be to get bigger guns fitted, had a fight with Simpson then when to the naval yard and requested he fit bigger guns. Then I tried to find my ship. Going out the door I originally entered by, the two other midshipmen blocked my path. I tried to go out the double doors at the opposite end to the entry door but to no avail. So I am stuck. The walkthroughs say "Walk to the end of the quay and it will automatically put you aboard." I would do this if I could get out of the Naval Yard!! Help!!

@Jack Rackham Or @Bartolomeu o Portugues I don't know if this is fixed with the wider pier already, else it might be an idea to move the locators they are on a little bit?

Option 1: keep pushing at the other midshipmen, you may eventually be able to move them out of the way.
Option 2: edit "InternalSettings.h", go right to the bottom, find the line which starts '#define SIDESTEP_ENABLED' and change the '0' to '1'. You can now sidestep. This doesn't take any account of physical obstacles such as walls, fences, the sea etc., so you can shuffle round and past the midshipmen. It's useful in a lot of other places too, but be warned that you can easily sidestep to very silly places, and you won't be able to move normally until you sidestep back to a properly valid path.

There's probably not much point in moving locators because the midshipmen are likely to walk up to you anyway.

I just played through this part with the new enlarged pier and had absolutely no problems with it.
So I suppose this one is fixed. :shrug

Back