• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hornblower Quest

Here's the file SJG. :onya

cannonl is the model.
Check if the deIB.tga is in Resource\Textures\Ammo
(I think Pieter has installed the file in the last patch seeing it's the same texture used by the cannons of Isla Mona).

In the case of the ammo folder, you can just use deck.tga.tx;
deIB is the original deck.tga.tx that excludes the wheels drawn onto them by Thomas recently.
This is for use of any cannon models that have their wheels already modeled.

Hey just playing though this quest now (read all the books and you guys have done a nice job). One issue I'm faced with is at Mutiny. It appears that after the french battle Chumley doesn't care about the wounded. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but it won't go on with the quest line. I leave octopus bay (on Martinique for note) after the battle and he tells me to go to Charles Town. Now I've gone to just about every English port Spieghtstown Charles Town and more, and nobody talks to me about anything wounded related. On that note I hit port and wait, nothing happens. Then I talk to Chumley and he just tells me who he is... Do I need to load from before the battle? The file I'm working all this off of is right when the skirmish ends and the battle starts. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Apologies for that one; the quest actually ends after the battle until Short Jack Gold uploads his new update.
It's not actually made clear at all though that the quest ends there; it actually suggests it continues.
Anyway, I'd like to congratulate you on reaching the end of what we have at the moment. :wp

I just noticed that the walkthrough says "The Devil and The Duchess".
Personally I find the book/movie name "The Duchess and The Devil" to be better.
Maybe you can rename that if you used it as questbook title somewhere? :?
I know, I know. Picky, picky. :eek:ops2

I have just made sure that in "The Corsican", now all French worldmap ships show the tricolor and no longer the fleur-de-lis.
Should be better, no? :cheeky

Mainly for Pieter:
I have uploaded the latest (and hopefully greatest) version of Hornblower to the ftp.

For players:
If you play this quest - pay attention to what you are told - you are in the navy now. "Orders is orders" as they say, and if a character says don't pass them, then don't pass them. It is mainly to allow the loading of armies for battle scenes which takes a bit of time. (only seconds - but it feels like hours, if you are in a hurry).

I have also tried to add "voice sounds" to the dialog. Don't rush through these as you WILL screw up if you don't. This is an experiment, and I would appreciate feedback on this, if you like it - say so - if you don't like it - then whisper it.
The voice sounds (when they happen) match the dialog on the screen.

BUT - wait for Pieter to include it in his next up date.

Thanks a LOT, Short Jack Gold! From what I gather, your work on the Hornblower quest really IS very impressive.
I'm downloading now and am looking forward to putting the files to good use tomorrow. :woot

group2.jpg

Some of the characters for the next update.
An able seaman, a lieutenant, Captain Sawyer (sea uniform), Commander Bracegirdle.

Indeed, good job Short Jack Gold! This'll help very much to make the Hornblower story feel more navy-like than ever before.
Quite a development for what was originally a pirating game. :yes

Back