• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Hornblower Storyline: Quest Loop After End

lucho1392

Sailor Apprentice
Hi here I am again reporting and bothering you all. Now to the point, just ended Hornblower main story and got the HMS Atropos and looks like I am free to do whatever I want. The problem is that sometimes (like 80% of times hahaha) when I am on deck some soldier approaches and says something about the "batterys" and looks like I am teleported back to the main story when Bush is on deck and being caugh by fort fire, afterwards I am inside the fort arsenal with Hornblower. If I use the fast travel option to "sea" games continues but fps goes down and in a uncertain moment the game crashes. Sadly I dont have more screenshots that can prove how game behavior because you can see a ship in the middle of the city or pieces of the ship around you, the only screenshot here is inside the arsenal and you can see around a ship.

P.D: theres no error file and I have been trying to download the newest version but idk if my internet sucks or the mirror cuz it is going so slow haha

Attachments

• bugg1.png
    bugg1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • -=Hornblower=- QuickSave 13.rar
    590.3 KB · Views: 58
  • compile.log
    25.4 KB · Views: 54
  • system.log
    7.9 KB · Views: 117
So the Hornblower quest restarts after it has completed, putting you in a quest scene you have already played through before?
And that is triggered when you go onto your ship's deck?

Execute this through console.c to fix:
Code:
  ch = CharacterFromID("Able Seaman Wilks");
   ch.dialog.currentnode = "First time";
And this should prevent it for future play-throughs:
Code:
    case "Hotspur_underfire2":
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Lt. Chadd"), "None", "");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Lt. William Bush"), "Quest_ShipDeck1", "goto", "goto7");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Jack Hammond"), "Quest_ShipDeck1", "goto", "goto6");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Perrin"), "Quest_ShipDeck1", "goto", "goto10"); //"goto1");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Marsh"), "Quest_ShipDeck1", "goto", "goto3"); //"goto5");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Oldroyd"), "Quest_ShipDeck1", "goto", "goto9");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Matthews"), "Quest_ShipDeck1", "goto", "goto8");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Helmsman"), "Quest_ShipDeck1", "goto", "goto14");
       LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Jack Hammond"));
       LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Lt. William Bush"));
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Able Seaman Wilks")].Dialog.CurrentNode = "First time"; // PB: Prevent main quest loop
     break;

Back