• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Hornblower Storyline: Various Errors

The following error occurred
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

-=Player=- Barbados. Bridgetown Naval HQ June 19th, 1798

how to change extension:shrug

Attachments

• rad1.rar
    488 KB · Views: 68
You need to use some sort of archiver to compress the file to an acceptable format. The one I use, and several other people here like as well, is 7-Zip:
7-Zip

You need to use some sort of archiver to compress the file to an acceptable format. The one I use, and several other people here like as well, is 7-Zip:
7-Zip

found it myself thx man

first one is naval HQ
second is ship

anything else?

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados.rar
    483.5 KB · Views: 75
  • compile.log
    8.6 KB · Views: 71
  • error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 96
Fixed. :doff

I don't know why this wasn't working:
Code:
    case "Wellard_in_trouble":
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Henry Wellard")].Dialog.Filename = "Henry Wellard_dialog.c";
       LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Henry Wellard"));
       LAi_ActorDialogNow(characterFromID("Henry Wellard"),PChar,"",1.0);
       Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Henry Wellard")].dialog.currentnode = "It_is_me_sir";
     break;
because in other cases, having the 'dialog.currentnode = "something";' after the 'LAi_ActorDialog' or 'LAi_ActorDialogNow' does not seem to cause trouble. However, if I swap those two lines round then the dialog does proceed as intended.

Additionally:
A storm blows up. nope no storm
Enjoy your storm. :D

Copy this into "PROGRAM\Storyline\Hornblower\quests".

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    839.8 KB · Views: 83
Fixed. :doff

Code:
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Henry Wellard")].Dialog.Filename = "Henry Wellard_dialog.c";
       Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Henry Wellard")].dialog.currentnode = "It_is_me_sir";
     break;
because in other cases, having the 'dialog.currentnode = "something";' after the 'LAi_ActorDialog' or 'LAi_ActorDialogNow' does not seem to cause trouble. However, if I swap those two lines round then the dialog does proceed as intended.

Additionally:

Enjoy your storm. :D

Copy this into "PROGRAM\Storyline\Hornblower\quests".

thank you man i owe you a beer

Code:
     break;
As I said before, I don't think your "quest executing engine" (or whatever you named it; can't remember now) theory is actually correct.
Any code IS executed in order, so I would definitely recommend setting dialog filenames and currentnode's before starting the dialog.
The only reason that may still work, I think, would be built-in delays, such as the 1.0 in LAi_ActorDialogNow there.
But you may not want to rely on that if you don't have to. ;)

Some more fixes posted here:
List of fixes
Captain Murray used to have a rank assigned, but as that's a naval rank he'd appear as Post Captain Murray. That's been disabled and he now has title "Captain" instead.

Sharpe is forcibly placed at Bridgetown pier when you return from the first Guadeloupe mission. This shouldn't normally be necessary because he's been assigned as one of your companion officers and is protected by "SetCharacterRemovable false", but that doesn't help if you've just done the "Help the Lady" side quest, one effect of which is to remove all your companion officers, and now "SetCharacterRemovable false" prevents you from putting Sharpe back. So this fix ensures that he's where he needs to be to say his piece.

During the big fight on Guadeloupe beach, Wolfe runs away and now he's made to disappear. You won't notice him doing this because you're watching Black Charlie Hammond shooting himself at the time, but you will notice if the fix isn't in place because if you later return to the beach, Wolfe is standing there. Not any more.

If Bush is a companion officer when you're about to get married, he can't be placed in church - or, to be more accurate, he's placed in church and then normal companion officer behaviour puts him back next to you, but then companion officers don't go into the church with you. So when Mrs. Mason announces that she's making preparations for the wedding, Bush is now removed and can be put in his place, where he'll be ready to congratulate the happy couple. (Having him as captain of a companion ship isn't a problem. It's possible for a quest character to be both a ship captain and active on land - Danielle Green does it in the "standard" storyline and Uriah Quelp does it earlier in "Hornblower".)

When Wolfe's ship has been placed near Martinique at the start of the extension, if you then sail into Martinique waters and leave again, Wolfe's ship disappears. You're quite likely to do this if you direct-sail from Barbados to Guadeloupe or Nevis in order to find Major Hogan or Teresa Moreno. So both their dialog codes now put Wolfe's ship back at Martinique. (Something similar is liable to happen if you take a governor's ship-hunting quest and then go to worldmap. If there's a way to keep such a ship in place so it's still there when you return to the island, I'd like to know what it is as it would probably provide a better solution for Wolfe as well.)

And finally, either nobody has been playing "Hornblower" far enough to see the wedding, or you didn't pay attention to Father Jerald's little mistake:
Do you, #sgroom#, take this woman to be your husband, to love, honour and cherish her so long as you both shall live?
Fathe Jerald has now been informed that the woman will be your wife. xD

When Wolfe's ship has been placed near Martinique at the start of the extension, if you then sail into Martinique waters and leave again, Wolfe's ship disappears. You're quite likely to do this if you direct-sail from Barbados to Guadeloupe or Nevis in order to find Major Hogan or Teresa Moreno. So both their dialog codes now put Wolfe's ship back at Martinique. (Something similar is liable to happen if you take a governor's ship-hunting quest and then go to worldmap. If there's a way to keep such a ship in place so it's still there when you return to the island, I'd like to know what it is as it would probably provide a better solution for Wolfe as well.)
That's odd; quest ships have a tendency to stick around when you don't want them to.
Coastguard Ships after escape to worldmap, I'm looking at you!!! :whipa

But there is definitely something inconsistent with it as Governor Ship Hunting quest can "disappear" in mysterious ways.
I'm not at all sure how or why that might be happening. Maybe a DumpAttributes on such a disappeared captain may tell us more?

Back