• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hosehead's SeaDogs Add-On Installer

If anyone has more content to archive, please DM me with the links and I'll make sure they will be on a Public GIT Repo.

Maybe archiving downloads is illegal sometimes, but sometimes
12752440-e7e6-4731-84e5-416e75bafd3c_text.gif

Maybe archiving downloads is illegal sometimes
Not if they're just mods, I think.
In the realm of "just having fun", there is no legalese involved.

but sometimes
12752440-e7e6-4731-84e5-416e75bafd3c_text.gif
There is a lot of wisdom in especially that first Pirates of the Caribbean film.
And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT!

That whole film gets only better once you realise that Jack Sparrow in the film itself is basically "A Pirate Who Does Nothing".
Throughout the film, I see a character who works very hard at keeping up the appearance of being an untrustworthy PIRATE;
while at the same time actively trying to negotiate win-win situations for everyone involved.
(And generally failing, because nobody trusts him.)

Did Jack actually CAUSE HARM during the film? None, that I can remember.
All the bad things he did, they're merely hearsay.
And one of the most famed things he did was "sacking Nassau WITHOUT even firing a shot".

He was just branded a pirate once in the past, for reasons unknown, and that's enough to condemn him.
It's really too bad the scene was deleted from At World's End, but turns out the reason IS known:

This leads me to conclude Jack was always a genuine good, kind and compassionate man.
But he lives in an unkind compassion-less world. And as such, he got himself branded a pirate.
As one does...

That reminds me of this quote by Captain Flint from Black Sails:
"When the king brands us pirates, he doesn't mean to make us adversaries. He doesn't mean to make us criminals. He means to make us monsters."
Source: Black Sails Quotes

Not if they're just mods, I think.
In the realm of "just having fun", there is no legalese involved.

Well that's what I thought, but there was a mod for Red Redemption, the first one. It required an emulator and Take-Two just sued the poor guy who made the mod and put in so much time and effort. I didn't make any sense.
I heard that the Jack Sparrow storyline of NH was also stopped being worked on because some legal issues.

Disney and stuff needs to be more like Bethesda, let the modders do the work. Not really though, but damn let the modders alone they are only expanding your work.

this particular scene^ the one with trading people was so well played and interesting. It is a shame they removed it, because A. Good scene and dialogue with a very interesting message B. It expands the history of Jack and Beckett.
It explains SO MUCH that is otherwise completely left unsaid in the films.
I still remember the question of Will to Beckett of "what mark did [Jack] leave on [Beckett]?"
Don't remember if THAT one was EVER answered.

I should re-read the prequel book "The Price of Freedom".
That one DOES cover a lot of the background.
And turns out it's written by the same author who also wrote the original backstory for Star Wars' Han Solo.

Well that's what I thought, but there was a mod for Red Redemption, the first one. It required an emulator and Take-Two just sued the poor guy who made the mod and put in so much time and effort. I didn't make any sense.
Maybe they were concerned about it competing with their own RDR2?

I heard that the Jack Sparrow storyline of NH was also stopped being worked on because some legal issues.
Blatantly untrue!
The only reason development on the Jack Sparrow storyline in NH stopped is because nobody bothered continuing to work on it.

We've never been in ANY contact with Disney.
I've been trying to get in touch on purpose, actually!
But no luck so far...

Disney and stuff needs to be more like Bethesda, let the modders do the work. Not really though, but damn let the modders alone they are only expanding your work.
When it comes to Indiana Jones, for some reason they sent a "dreaded CEASE AND DESIST" to the team making a sequel to "Fate of Atlantis".
But there's plenty of mods for Star Wars games that don't seem to have much of a problem.
And with PotC:NH, we've never had any legal snafu's of any kind.
Seems we can do whatever we want and nobody cares... :shrug

It explains SO MUCH that is otherwise completely left unsaid in the films.
I still remember the question of Will to Beckett of "what mark did [Jack] leave on [Beckett]?"
Don't remember if THAT one was EVER answered.

I should re-read the prequel book "The Price of Freedom".
That one DOES cover a lot of the background.
And turns out it's written by the same author who also wrote the original backstory for Star Wars' Han Solo.

Exactly!

I still need to read that book again, back when I was 14 I tried to read it, but the English was too advanced to understand. I probably need to give it another shot.

Blatantly untrue!
The only reason development on the Jack Sparrow storyline in NH stopped is because nobody bothered continuing to work on it.

We've never been in ANY contact with Disney.
I've been trying to get in touch on purpose, actually!
But no luck so far...

When it comes to Indiana Jones, for some reason they sent a "dreaded CEASE AND DESIST" to the team making a sequel to "Fate of Atlantis".
But there's plenty of mods for Star Wars games that don't seem to have much of a problem.
And with PotC:NH, we've never had any legal snafu's of any kind.
Seems we can do whatever we want and nobody cares... :shrug

Really, I would swear someone told me. Interesting, maybe I am confused with something else or I have been lied to. But alright that is good to hear, so it still has the potential to continue at some point.

I still need to read that book again, back when I was 14 I tried to read it, but the English was too advanced to understand. I probably need to give it another shot.
I did read it, but I was annoyed because it leaned yet again WAY into the fantastic and therefore undermined the comparatively subtle magic elements in the original film.

Also DOUBLY annoyed because it diverges thoroughly from the prequel idea we here at PA! had been coming up with at the time.
Which is STILL basically my own personal headcanon; even though that diverges also from what actually made its way into New Horizons.

Ah, what could've been!
I am certain our ideas WOULD have made very, very decent PotC 4 prequel film.
More than one even, perhaps. We had a LOT of ideas... :wp

Really, I would swear someone told me. Interesting, maybe I am confused with something else or I have been lied to. But alright that is good to hear, so it still has the potential to continue at some point.
Your mentioning it was the first I ever heard of it.
So no clue where you might've heard it...

But really, if you were to dive into it and do it, a Dead Man's Chest could be made RIGHT NOW.
We even did some pre-work, such as the Jungle Church location that @Jack Rackham made.
I believe also there was a CoAS location model with a jungle, then a bridge, then a shore all in one long line.
That one we wanted to use for Pelegostos, with the cannibals chasing you all the way.
Kraken Attack is in the game and ready for immediate quest-use if desired.

"World's End" would've been a regular Black Pearl outside deck with a circular plane around it with a white sand texture.
Then populate it with all the various Jack Sparrow character model variations we've got.

"City of Abandoned Ships" could easily be used as Shipwreck Cove.
And Singapore would be a flooded "Isla Muelle".

Back