• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modelling Plugins

Martes

Privateer
Staff member
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
A special thread for develoment by @kimov, and I hope to post some kind of tutorial here at some point.

Experimental Noesis plugins to open and view Storm 1 Engine 3d models (Sea Dogs, Age of Sail 2/Privateers Bounty: Age of Sail II).

How to use:
1. Download and unpack latest version of Noesis (link is right under images).
2. Unpack all scripts from scripts.zip to "Noesis folder/plugins/python".

RoadMap:
1. UI to choose frames, lods, etc....
2. ???

sd1bc9420fee3c4f027.gif

Attachments

• scripts.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 415
Thanks for the python scripts. I dl'd the seadogs-file-formats-master.zip file from one of your previous posts. What a treasure. I'm doing some work with AOS2 and PB .sc formats. Going thru what you have I didn't see anything new I could use. IIRC I had some problems with the sc.bt template reading the PB version of the sc format.

I've modified my old AOS2 scripts to work with the PB version. I have a lot more of the scenario format listed as "known" if you're interested.

The scripts to convert cff formats could be useful for other modeling programs since I'm also working on terrain generation for AOS2. I've been avoiding trying to write my own script to do it.

I did a lot of terrain work in a train sim and have some scripts to get height data in and out of the gnd files it uses. It doesn't use a mesh file as input but for some output I create one based on the height data. I can read that into a program like the old gmax to edit the mesh files and make portions of the terrain for formations the sim doesn't handle in the gnd files. I import them back in as game objects. These are typically small sections of the terrain however. Right now I'm modifying the script to handle much larger sections.

The older versions of the train sim handle fairly large sections of terrain in a single file that I can work with. My own routes have covered over 2000 sq km but it handles larger than that. Not huge but large enough to piece together terrain models since the water isn't part of the mesh in AOS2. I can filter out a lot of the height data going into the train sim to start with and just use the land following along the coast line. Anyhow that was my plan.

I've never used Noesis but it sounds familiar. I've dl'd a copy and I'll try using it with the plug ins.

Many thanks.

The scripts to convert cff formats could be useful for other modeling programs since I'm also working on terrain generation for AOS2. I've been avoiding trying to write my own script to do it.

I've never used Noesis but it sounds familiar. I've dl'd a copy and I'll try using it with the plug ins.

I am working on 3ds Max scripts, import is almost ready, but there are some problems with export, it will need some time. Blender scripts are in my todo list too. As for me, i am using Noesis only for prototyping, when i need to make something fast or very specific things, like to test if something works as you expect and so on. It's better to make your own tool from scratch in most of the cases.

I am not really interested in modding (of particular game), but any feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

I've modified my old AOS2 scripts to work with the PB version. I have a lot more of the scenario format listed as "known" if you're interested.

You can just share it with everyone, if you have something to share, any scripts, sources, whatever.

sd126ad198cab6981e1.gif

Last edited:
Works like a charm. Just exported the cheas.MAP_main terrain mesh in AOS2 cff to obj file and loaded into blender.

2019.05.20-12.43.png

You can just share it with everyone, if you have something to share, any scripts, sources, whatever.
Yes that's what's going to happen at some point.

New version of .cff plugin.
- added simple UI;
- added command line options;

Command line options:
-noui - disables annoying window
-texpath - for example "C:/PathToFolder"
-framenumber, -lodnumber - must be non-negative number
-texformat - for example "tf"

How to install:
1. Download and unpack latest version of Noesis (link is right under images).
2. Unpack all scripts from scripts.zip to "Noesis folder/plugins/python".

sd01.gif

Attachments

• scripts.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
maxscript to open cff files, tested in 3ds max 2017, may work in versions starting from 2010.

sd02.gif

Attachments

• cff_clf_export.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
maxscript for .cff files (.clf still not tested)
- fixed animation import (Sea Dogs)

Attachments

• cff_clf_export.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 381
Back