• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How do I assign 42 lbs cannons?

Vamphaery

Landlubber
I have a class 3 Galleon now, and I bought some 42 lbs cannons. However, it only lists 12 lbs cannons in my menus, and when I assign cannons to the different sides of my ship it only shows the 12 pounders.

How do I use these new cannons? Is it just automatic? Thanks.

I think you wasted your money mate. :eek:k Open your control GUI/interface F2. Go to your ships tab. Look at the bottom. Where it says cannons and it will show what you currently have and the maximum size (poundage) guns your ship will support. (12 lbs/16 lbs) If your currently using 12 pounders, you likely have only 16 or 24 pounders maximum. You will need to take your ship to the shipwright on Bermuda if you want them any bigger. He will only be able to upgrade them one level above what your current maximum poundage is. So if your max is 24 pounders then the biggest he'll be able to upgrade you is to 32 pounders. I might add that the Bermuda upgrades are exhorbitantly expensive. If you get a ship that already has 32 pounders than you'll be able to upgrade them to the 42 pounders in Bermuda.

To install and dismantle guns go down to the cannon status at the bottom of the page I told you about already and click on it. It will open another window showing the ship and numbers of guns you have aboard.

Good Luck Mate :keith

okay first of all on your ships menu under the picture of your galleon, 8 places down it will say max weapon and the type and of cannon or culverin that you may use. if for instance your ship happens to say 12lbs/20 that means that the maximum cannon that you may use is 12 pounders and there are 20 gun emplacements within your ship. so if your ship happens to say 16lbs/20 and you are using 12 pounders you can buy 16 pounders and then they will show up in the menu and you may fix those as your armament. now you can go to the pirate settlement and at the shipyard you may upgrade the ship to fit 24 pounders. only one time can you upgrade your ship to fit the next higher caliber cannon, unless this has already been done and the shipwright willnot offer this option. also and this is important for your question: you can only place 42 pounders on 1st rate ships and not always. i have a man-o-war that can only hold 32 pounders, which i think is strange, but that is the case. i don't even think you can place 42 pounders on a ship of the line.

anyhow, bottom line, you will never be able to use 42 pound cannon on your galleon without some file editing.

i hope this helps.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Now my question is: how do I transfer crew from one ship to another outside of battle? I have seen how to do this at the conclusion of battles, but only from my ship to ships I defeat. How to I add crew to a companion's ship or another ship in my fleet?

That's simple, press F2 and go to your ships squad tab. Double or tripple click on the other ship you want to exchange dudes with and it will

ask you "do you want to exchange goods between the ships?" say yes and you can not only transfer goods but also people. ;)

You can aslo do it manually: go into sea mode (not map mode) and get near to the other ship of your squad. When you are near enough a new option will appear on the screen, "exchange goods " option. Press space or whatever key you have assigned to activating contextual options.

AH, I also figured out that the problem was that the ship I had just captured had no captain. It would seem just transferring sailors (with no officer assigned as captain) isn't allowed. That makes sense, though.

Back