• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How do I interpret these references?

Popeye

Landlubber
I'm trying to mod in some more reality into my game, without getting too clunky, when I came across these references.

refship.InertiaAccelerationX = 9.0; refship.InertiaBrakingX = 9.0;
refship.InertiaAccelerationY = 9; refship.InertiaBrakingY = 9;
refship.InertiaAccelerationZ = 9.0; refship.InertiaBrakingZ = 9.0;

What I'm not sure of is which of the axis refer to the bow to stern line and which is the beam. I'm assuming that the Y is on the vertical.

Also is there a good 3d program that a novice can use that has a shallow learning curve to add/modify shop models into the game?

not sure exactly anymore which was witch, only thing i remember is that the higher the number the faster it goes

there is one problem with those inertia settings though,
somewhere weight gets calculated into it as well, and i havent found out fom where yet

last time i tried editting those parts as a test with the manowar it wa very fast steerable but it kept going one way until you had pressed the button for going the other way fo a while so it could stop turning

<!--quoteo(post=166765:date=Oct 10 2006, 10:06 AM:name=Archea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Archea @ Oct 10 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]166765[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
not sure exactly anymore which was witch, only thing i remember is that the higher the number the faster it goes

there is one problem with those inertia settings though,
somewhere weight gets calculated into it as well, and i havent found out fom where yet

last time i tried editting those parts as a test with the manowar it wa very fast steerable but it kept going one way until you had pressed the button for going the other way fo a while so it could stop turning
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The settings for controling the weight are in there too.

Right before it, this is the controls that say how much weight affects you. The lower the less it affects you.

refship.SpeedDependWeight = 0.01;
refship.SubSeaDependWeight = 0.01;
refship.TurnDependWeight = 0.01;

Back