• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How do I start a Blog??

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[IMGLEFT]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/s128/pa-logo.gif[/IMGLEFT]Ahoy mates! I'm sure you have a least noticed the new Blog feature here at Pirates Ahoy! It is kind of tough to miss the Featured Blog section anyway! It really is a handy new feature that could go a long way in bringing a lot of new visitors to PA! More traffic means more potential for newer and better mods! Are you thinking about starting one? Jump right in! It doesn't have to be pirate related at all, just write about what you know, or think you know! Read a good book lately? Why not Blog about it! Seen a good movie and want to express your opinion to a captive audience? Blog about it! Tired of reading my boring, rambling blogs?? Blog about it! Have you had some particularly interesting adventures in POTC : New Horizons or CoAS? Blog about it! Here is a quick guide to get you started!

On the pulldown menu for your profile, choose settings, the same place where you manage notes and change your password etc. In the settings menu, click on the blog tab, you should see "Create a Blog (1/2)" read it! :cheeky Then put a little check in the "I agree" box.

Then set a title for your blog, you only need to do this once, but you can set up multiple blogs. After you set your blog title, just click on "Add Entry" and your ready to Blog! The rest of it works pretty much like posting on the forum, although the blogs can use HTML tags as well as BBcode. The HTML tags are really handy for a lot of things, including re-sizing pictures. Here is a good list of basic HTML tags, click on the tag for more detailed information. You can use a combination of BBCode and HTML, just be sure if you use HTML tags to turn HTML on with the drop down menu at the bottom of the editor. The second drop down menu is to set your blog entry as either Publish or Draft, be sure and and set it to Publish after your finished writing or it won't show up in the list! That's it, your ready to create your first Blog!

Back