• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How stable is the game currently in terms of bugs?

Out_of_rum

Sailor Apprentice
Hi everyone

I really havendt yet had the time to dive into this great looking game for a serious playthrough (i have yet to complete the sea hawk tutorial).

I have played sea dogs TEHO for some time, but to be honest, im abit fed up with quest bugs i encounter, where the quest cannot be completed in TEHO.

I thought that now might be a good time for a serious playthrough in POTC NH, but are there still serious bugs i need to be aware of? I can see that there is still abit of unconfirmed bugs, but what are the veteran players overall current experience with the number of bugs in POTC NH and playability?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, my game seems to run stable enough without crashes so far. I installed it on an old laptop with a disc drive, and moved the game folder onto my other newer laptop without disc drive, and it seems to play well enough, tho it is Windows 10.

As far as I know, if you don't go over 60 FPS you will be fine.

If you do the game will run on slow motion, so you use a program like Rivatuner to limit the FPS to 60 and the game will work as intended.

Well I haven't tried it to see what's the difference, if you want try it out, I have it set to low.

Though you got me curious...

But in POTC NH, there aren´t any gamebreaking bugs currently, as long as i have the december 20th 2019 update?

As far as I know there are no game braking bugs.

Should something new arise, report it and someone will probably fix it.

Abit of a different question, hope it is okay :)

Im used to sailing on the world map in Sea dogs TEHO, but im aware that the direct sailing in POTC NH works better, but i will encounter less ship battles between nations(unless i activate direct encounters, but this turned out to be to unstable for me last time). For the first play through, is it best to use the world map, or use direct sailing only, what is your experience?

Whether it's first play or many games later, it depends on what you prefer and whether you're playing a storyline. If you're playing FreePlay, you may want to only use direct sailing for more of a sailing experience. If you're playing a storyline, or if you're playing sidequests, you may prefer the worldmap so that you can more easily get to the next destination to progress the quest.

Im used to sailing on the world map in Sea dogs TEHO, but im aware that the direct sailing in POTC NH works better, but i will encounter less ship battles between nations(unless i activate direct encounters, but this turned out to be to unstable for me last time). For the first play through, is it best to use the world map, or use direct sailing only, what is your experience?
WorldMap is always available and should work as well in PotC as it does in SD:TEHO.

DirectSail is a "bonus" feature which you can use whenever you feel like it.
All you do is point your ship in the direction you want to go and wait until you arrive.

You will encounter ships, fleets of ships and other stuff along the way.
The only thing you will not encounter are battles already in progress.
Those are exclusive to the WorldMap.

Back