• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to change/edit sails?

V

Valium

Hello guys.
I use AoP2 with the latest GOF version.
I've got one question and I hope you'll know the answer.

When I used to play other version of GOF, there was a possibility to edit sails' color. It was at shipyard in Bermuda.
When I became to play the latest version of GOF, I noticed that editing sails is impossible.

I was used to play with my Raa Frigate but after some time my enemies began to be stonger.
I just had one ship and my enemies had got usually 3-4 ships. Sometimes it was just one or two ships but they were stronger than mine.

Fortunately, I found and bought USS Constitution. I was looking for that ship for long, I also tried to find Nightmare ship but I've not so far.

The new Constitution is better than my old Raa Frigate which was edited in Bermuda to have more crew, to be faster, etc.

There is one thing I don't like - sails. In my Raa Frigate sails were snow-white but in Constitution they look like they were old.

Is there any possibility to edit something to have snow-white sails in my Contitution like my Raa Frigate had?

Attachments

• e396199c469a.png
    e396199c469a.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • Bez tytułu2.png
    Bez tytułu2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
That should be possible but I do not know the proper method using code. I can only do it by finding the pure white texture and renaming it to replace the standard texture.

I wonder how it looks if I lose sails during battle. If I have enough sailcoth and good carpenter, is there any chance that sails will look different than earlier?

'I can only do it by finding the pure white texture and renaming it to replace the standard texture.'

Ok, so tell my how to do it. In my opinion there can be only white sails because they look the best.
Really often I aboard the ship but I don't use it because sails look to be really old and dirty.

I found one mod for game which adds the possibility to change colors of sails and add some emblems but I set white and still nothing.
Emblems were also the thing I was looking for earlier but I think it would crash my game soon. After setting emblems the ship's icon on the upper-left corner began to change, so my ship once had got tartane icon, once galleon icon, etc.

Do you have TXConvertor? It shows all the textures in the game. Using it you can find all of the sail textures and rename them to work on your ship. I have not actually done this in my game yet but methinks it is easy to do. Or I can do it and put it in this thread when I know it will work. Nevermind. I just done went and did it.

Go to your AOP2 folder and then go to resource-->textures-->ships. Scroll down to the bottom and you will find a bunch of textures called parus_. Rename parus_common.tga.tx so it will not get lost. While you are there please also rename parus_hole.tga.tx so it will not get lost. That is the texture for holes in the sails from damage.
Now DL and unzip the 2 files and put them in that folder with the other textures. Then take a look and see what you think. All I did was rename existing textures.

Attachments

• parus_common.tga.tx.7z
    598.9 KB · Views: 85
  • parus_hole.tga.tx.7z
    33.3 KB · Views: 86
Ok, I'll try it.
You wrote about renaming those 2 files parus_common.tga.tx and parus_hole.tga.tx.
Rename on what?

Did you mean to copy them and just paste the new files which you added here?

I copied those two files to desktop and put those 2 files which you had added here.
Still nothing. Sails aren't white.
I noticed that sails in Raa Frigate were smooth and snow-white.
In constitution these sails aren't white, they have seams and it's between white and yellow like old paper is.

Sorry, that's my 3rd post here.
I think the whole problem was solved by you.

I had got an idea and I found new Constitution.
I just sailed to Basse-Terre, go to shipyard's room, save the game there and I asked him about ships.
If there wasn't any Constitution, I loaded game once again. I did about 50 times but now I found the 2nd Constitution with white sails.

Your idea was good, it works fine.
It didn't work on my old Constitution because I gained it after renaming those files.
I had my game saved after buying Constitution but it didn't work too, even when I was buying Constitution.

Now, I checked about 10 ships at 2 different shipyards and each one has got white sails.

Thank you very much!

Now I think about emblems but I have to check this mod better because I noticed the ship's icon on the upper-left corner was still changing.

EDIT: I'm enclosing the picture. The name ' HMS Pennsylvania' doesn't fit to England in my opinion but I called it HMS because I work for England and Pennsylvania because USS Constitution was US ship and I would really like to see States, especially Pennsylvania and Colorado.

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.png
    Bez tytułu.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
Sorry I was away, I wuz busy.

1. I renamed them to parus_common dark.tga.tx and parus_hole dark.tga.tx. It doesn't matter what they are named as long as it is different so the program can not find them. That way they are still there if you ever want them again.

2. Ohh. The changes will not happen until you get a new ship! I had forgotten about that. :facepalm

Back