• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How To Edit Gun Locators

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
We have some ships firing more guns than it has guns mounted and if we change the ship to fire the amount of guns mounted we get a bug which causes some guns to get stuch and can't be removed which in turn causes the ship to duplicate the guns that can't be removed every toime you try to unmount or mount guns and if you loose guns in battle they can't be replaced.

To combat this a tutorial would be nice on how to change the gun locators so that we can fix the ships causing this bug.

Thanks in advance
Luke.

From a PotC perspective, I think simply removing the unnecessary gun locators from a model using TOOL would work.
You'd then need to change the number set in ships_init.c to make sure it matches the remaining number of guns.
But I can't imagine why CoAS would cause problems using that method. :?

LOL, thats what i want to know. Which tool and how it works so i can remove the gun locators.

Ah, OK. That would be Inez Diaz' TOOL, available from the downloads section somewhere.

• Once installed, open the GM file you want to modify, and then click 'View -> Locators'.
  • Another screen pops up, in which you click a link, which will display all the locators.
  • Then, simply find the ones you don't want, and remove the whole line for each one. (You need to use GM Viewer with 'show locators' ticked, to see which numbers you want to remove.)
  • Once that's done, click 'Apply changes' and close that window, then click 'Save GM' in the main window.
  • Now reload the model in GM Viewer to make sure the right locators have disappeared.
NOTE: TOOL doesn't like to be minimised; it just gives error messages. :facepalm
I hope this helps. :doff

Thank you Experienced Captain, i will have play with a ship later to learn this before i start doing this toall the ships we have problems with. :onya

Back