• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to equip officers?

jamieboo

HoO Team Member
Music and SFX
Provisional
Hello all
Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but how do you give items to your officers.
On one of the screens (I cant remember which right now) if you right click an officer it says that it's possible, while on land, to give items to them using the 'trade' command.
I just can't work out exactly how this is done.
Any help would be much appreciated.
I'm using CMv3, in case that's important.

Thanks

no problem, took me a while to figure it out.
First, the officer that you want to equip has to be with you on land. (As a fighter) Then, face said officer, press enter (or whatever key you use to do the fast travel) and select the trade command, and then just treat him like a treasure chest.
Note: He will only use items better than the ones that he has equiped, and he will not use multi-shot pistols unless he has the perk to do so.

Hope that helps :doff

I do not know in CMv3.
Maybe it's different ?
In the vanilla game you give items to your officers only if fighters (with "change").
To give objects to others, remove a fighter and assign the other officer. Afterwards, restore the situation.
And is also possible in the hall of the officers in ship (ship class 3 or higher), but is complicated.

Back