• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to handle companions

inquisiteur

Landlubber
Hi,

I am sailing with a heavy galleon and have two companions with caravelles.

They are both reasonably manned with 30 cannons each. During battle they sit most of the time doing nothing or firing a bit from distance. I was wondering is there any command to make them more agressive ? otherwise what would you recommend doing with them ?

Also I can find now way interacting with them off battle as well (ex firing them).

Any help would be appreciated.

Arrr, matey! :cheeky

Fred Bob be a wonderin' if'n ye tried de Attack menu as follers:

1) Press Enter >>> Yer ship menu appears.

2) Press Down Arrow >>> Ship menu fer companion ship appears.

3) Select ye Attack >>> List o' target ships appears.

4) Select a target ship >>> Maybe, just maybe, he be attackin' de right ship! :rolleyes:

:sail

also, have then defend your ship too - its almost as effective, and u dont have to always give command to attack next ship... attack next ship.... attack next ship... etc

... we only just need a command fer "Make a run for it and shoot Knippels as ye go!" :cheeky

the orders could realy need some update.
a sail away order with a direction (north, south, east, west) for example.
and some other things, like wich ammo to use.

any idea if that would be possible by a mod?

The thing is when I use sail away it is either when THEY/ME are in danger of sailing so the extra time it takes to find and pick direction could be FATEL! :shock

I load my companions with grapeshot only and they absolutely rape anything unlucky to get close enough.. The short range of grape ensures accurate, effective fire.

It would be nice to set them not to take over other ships though thats annoying.

Back