• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to increase a hero reputation?

V

Valium

Hi.
I just want to find out how to increase my 'hero reputation' in AoP2.
I'm talking about international relations with another countries.

I know that my relations could be worse or I can be prosecuted because of bounty head, but I noticed that some guys have got better relations, better than neutral.

So, how to do it?

Try working for a governor.

Or in a sea battle - fight with (help) the ships of the nation you want to improve your relations with.

:doff

Thanks for response.
I'm not sure if working for a governor could help, because on the latest save I've worked a lot for a british governor in Barbados and he let me to working for british GG at last.
Unless I should to work for governors of the country, but on different islands.

In addition to what Talisman said you can also improve your relations with a certain nation by
working for the church. It has to be a priest of a city of the nation you want to have better relations with for sure. Working for the church is even more effective than working for the gov.
But if you have hostile relations you have to pay first: Go to a diplomat in a pirate town to pay an amount related to the bounty on your head to reach neutral relations OR try to simply walk in an enemy governor's residence and talk to him, you'll probably pay him and get better relations than neutral (good I think).

In my current game I have admiration from Spain, England, and Holland. And good with France. I am Dutch in this game. The way I got admiration with England was that I snuck into St. Johns Antigua (with good stealth and an English flag flying) to see Morgan and decided to talk to the local governor. The dialogue gave me the option to pay him for my insults to England. Even though I am still an enemy, my status is admiration ....... Not for long I think! :pflag

MK

i agree with marki working for the church greatly increase your reputation and international relations with other countries. well that works for me.

If your doing the Ship Of Souls quest, helping a govenor defeat several undead invasions will get you up to admiration with any nation. ;)

Hello. I did a few missions for church in France and England and my reputation increased to 'Good'. :)
whether there are higher levels of reputation?

What effect does rep have? I have close the highest. Fighting those robbers who are about to interfere with some woman and giving money to the church seems to help get the high rating.

It makes people feel better about you just like in reality. If you have a pretty nasty reputation people will not hire you jobs and not want you in their homes.

Back