• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to install mod part 1 and 2

BritishRedDevil

Landlubber
How do I install the 'Extra Fix Archive' to get the Jan 2021 update? ive just installed part 1 and 2 (the build being 2018) and it works fine, but when i download this i'm not to sure what to do. I downloaded it and extracted it to the same folder as part 1 and part 2 and ran the install again but its still saying its the 2018 install. Am I doing it wrong?

Sorry if this has already been answered. I downloaded the files from ModDB, not sure how to download them from this site as every time i go to downloads on here it takes me to ModDB. I appreciate the help.

Jay.

How do I install the 'Extra Fix Archive' to get the Jan 2021 update? ive just installed part 1 and 2 (the build being 2018) and it works fine, but when i download this i'm not to sure what to do. I downloaded it and extracted it to the same folder as part 1 and part 2 and ran the install again but its still saying its the 2018 install. Am I doing it wrong?
You need to extract it on your game installation folder, not where you downloaded it.
For example "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean\".

Edit: After you install the version from 2018 that is.

Sorry if this has already been answered. I downloaded the files from ModDB, not sure how to download them from this site as every time i go to downloads on here it takes me to ModDB. I appreciate the help.
The second link here does indeed send you to ModDB.
But it shouldn't be a problem, the files on ModDB are up to date too.

Last edited:
The installer is an automated system which unpacks files and copies them into place, converting the stock installation into the 2018 version of New Horizons. As long as parts 1 and 2 are in the same place as each other, they can be pretty well anywhere (except "C:\Program Files"). Mine aren't even on the same drive as my PoTC installation. Since the installer does all the unpacking and copying, that is why you don't need to extract anything yourself.

The Extra Fix Archive is simply a zip file containing all the files which have been added or updated since May 2018. The installer won't touch that. This is why you do need to extract it and copy it into place yourself. (Or simply extract it straight into the game installation folder as @The Nameless Pirate suggests.)

Back