• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to make peace with a nation?

eXdreamer

Landlubber
How do I make peace with a nation after getting hostile with it? Is there some guy I could pay to fix my relations with the nation like in Pirates of the Caribbean?

In tavern of any of the pirate port, talk to diplomat. It will take time for the effect to come in. But even when it is neutral, a hostile nation will still concider you as hostile. You can buy trade licence from the diplomat as well for a limited duration.
Or have a high level of stealth(and maby luck help as well?) and use the flag trick. But any more then 2 or 3 ships in your fleet will hugely increase the change of you getting spotted as hostile when you aproach the port(i believe sailing bigger ship also increase the chance of you being detected).

Yes, there's diplomat in the taverns of pirate colonies - one in each. Also, you could sneak in the town, do a task for priest or port controller or even do a task for governor. Or, if you got bounty on your head, all of the former applies except governor's mission, in that case you get a chance to bribe the governor...but save before talking to him, since you don't always get the option to bribe him.

Is the chance of getting recognised as an enemy when sneaking into towns effected by the number of fighters you have with you? When sneaking into Maracaibo, I always get noticed as "sneaky".

Is the chance of getting recognised as an enemy when sneaking into towns effected by the number of fighters you have with you? When sneaking into Maracaibo, I always get noticed as "sneaky".

Short answer Yes. It depends on your stealth ability. If your fighters have low stealth it increases the chances of being discovered. A trick to use when the guards get close is to start a conversation with a town citizen or with one of your officers. Even if they walk up and look at you, they will not figure out you're an enemy or attack you. When they move on you can get out of the conversation and move on.

MK

Back