• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to make the rum?

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
I've got a big problem cause I don't know how to make rum for Rogers' officers. I've tried the walkthrough but I think I'm doing something wrong. Can you write what to do in proper order after I get the sack with books and go to the "bar" with officers? I got really messed up. Thanks in advantage.
:rumgone:facepalm

1) Place the sack with books as wood in the fireplace.
2) Check that the water wheel on the large barrel is "off". (No running water is heard)
3) Light the fire with your pistol. (damper has to be open or half open)
4) Change the damper to full open. (if not already)
5) NOW turn on the cooling water with the wheel and the distillery process should start. :drunk
if you wait to long with step 5) you will be........:boom:

Reactions: fjx
1) Place the sack with books as wood in the fireplace.
2) Check that the water wheel on the large barrel is "off". (No running water is heard)
3) Light the fire with your pistol. (damper has to be open or half open)
4) Change the damper to full open. (if not already)
5) NOW turn on the cooling water with the wheel and the distillery process should start. :drunk
if you wait to long with step 5) you will be........:boom:
Nothing is working...when I place the books they dont even appear until I save and reload. Furthermore, I've done it as mention but nothing is happening. I also tried saving and reloading after each step but still nothing

I tried this part by starting from "Terrace to Library" and everything seems to works fine. Did you play
from the very beginning of the quest to this point?
Can you please upload a savegame where you still have got the filled sack but not yet placed it?

Frankly, I encountered having to save and reload when I had to push the lever for the history shelf to appear to take the history book for Rogers

Thanks, it all happens just as you described. Something isn't ok at all with the "function" box locator at the fireplace.
And I have changed it a little this spring.
So two questions:

1 Did you use any jump start from Teach head or not? If so which one?
2 Are you sure you're playing the latest version of the game? zip 21-05-19

Thanks, it all happens just as you described. Something isn't ok at all with the "function" box locator at the fireplace.
And I have changed it a little this spring.
So two questions:

1 Did you use any jump start from Teach head or not? If so which one?
2 Are you sure you're playing the latest version of the game? zip 21-05-19
1) Teach's head? Never even saw it
2)Yep I am running the latest version

Try my save game and we'll hope for the best.

Attachments

• jrh save game.7z
    534 KB · Views: 143
Good to hear. I'll start looking for what could have gone wrong.

About the Teach head: if you in internalSettings.h at the very end set ENABLE_CHEATMODE = 1
Blackbeard's head will appear in the starting cabin. (new game) He can take you to many parts of the story.
(but normal cheatmode features won't happen in WoodesRogers)

The "price" for jumping in like this is that you'll miss the bonus chapter. Now as you will continue
on my save game which came from a jump start put this in your console:
Pchar.enable_bonuschapter = "yes";
just above the first switch.

Press F12 and you won't miss anything //JRH

Good to hear. I'll start looking for what could have gone wrong.

About the Teach head: if you in internalSettings.h at the very end set ENABLE_CHEATMODE = 1
Blackbeard's head will appear in the starting cabin. (new game) He can take you to many parts of the story.
(but normal cheatmode features won't happen in WoodesRogers)

The "price" for jumping in like this is that you'll miss the bonus chapter. Now as you will continue
on my save game which came from a jump start put this in your console:

just above the first switch.

Press F12 and you won't miss anything //JRH
Alright!

New problem. The part where you have to open Blue Cave door via musket in the cannon tower. Guide says there is a chest and key there which you can get by walking the plank and jumping down the next level. I searched everywhere and could not find it

Attachments

• -=Howard Pyle=- Jamaica. Rocky Shore.zip
    851.2 KB · Views: 136
No it started to rain so I tested your save game now.

Guide says there is a chest and key there which you can get by walking the plank and jumping down the next level.
This makes no sense to me. It could be a rest of something I removed. The guide needs an update here.

To open the door to the blue cave: go upstairs in the Lighthouse and pull one of the muskets.

To open from the blue cave and further on: find the red chest in the cave and
1 close it
2 hang it in the rope as a counterweight

No it started to rain so I tested your save game now.

This makes no sense to me. It could be a rest of something I removed. The guide needs an update here.

To open the door to the blue cave: go upstairs in the Lighthouse and pull one of the muskets.

To open from the blue cave and further on: find the red chest in the cave and
1 close it
2 hang it in the rope as a counterweight
yes but later on while freeing the prisoners you have to enter the cell nr 4 to talk to the guy but all of them are locked

The mandala wheel has five positions. One for each cell and one for the door to the chapel upstairs. (all cells are locked)

Just keep on turning the wheel to get the position you want.

The wooden "shield" is in cell nr 2, the small axe in cell nr 4.
The axe opens the counter to the bomb. Defoe is sitting on the spade which releases the shield and later
activates the bomb.

The mandala wheel has five positions. One for each cell and one for the door to the chapel upstairs. (all cells are locked)

Just keep on turning the wheel to get the position you want.

The wooden "shield" is in cell nr 2, the small axe in cell nr 4.
The axe opens the counter to the bomb. Defoe is sitting on the spade which releases the shield and later
activates the bomb.
yep got it! now the next problem im facing is that I'm not able to find the parchment and key despite many reloads for part 6. Posted it in Solved - Reward part 6- no Key or Parchment in Corridor

Back