• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to remove Icons/Compass

Starlancer

Landlubber
I want to do a new Intro for Sea Dogs 2 and I use ingame scenes but I can't get rid of the Icons and the Compass is there a key for that or maybe another possibility to remove them? :cheers: :yes

I would like to show you some screens but I just can't find any good free webspace harrrrrgh :x

if you check this forum, i posted some ghetto fixes you can do manually to remove the icons and compass from the sailing screen

in battleinterface.c, near the top of the file, there are the lines:

BattleInterface.ShowNavigator = InterfaceStates.BattleShow.Navigator;
BattleInterface.ShowCommands = InterfaceStates.BattleShow.Command;

set to 'true' for them to appear and 'false' for them to be hidden. :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-Kieron`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kieron)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->in battleinterface.c, near the top of the file, there are the lines:

BattleInterface.ShowNavigator = InterfaceStates.BattleShow.Navigator;

set to 'true' for them to appear and 'false' for them to be hidden. :blah:[/quote]

Sorry to bug you again
I can't seem to find any True or False in there, it actually looks like this:

BattleInterface.MaxShipSpeed = 20.0;
BattleInterface.ShowNavigator=InterfaceStates.BattleShow.Navigator;
CreateEntity(&BattleInterface,"battle_interface");
DeleteAttribute(&BattleInterface,"CommandTextures");

Please I need help
:D

i wonder if he meant that you should add in the "true" or "false" part of the code yerself, although i am guessing here so i may be wrong, i myself looked for the "true n false" but found nothing, so i'm stuck with my ghetto fixes for now, kieron, would you mind posting some code for us to `copy-paste` ?

He means, I believe, change
Code:

to
Code:
BattleInterface.ShowNavigator=false; 

BattleInterface.ShowCommands = false;

In that interfacestates.Battleshow.whatever can be true or false, depending (I guess this is latent functionality, as I don't think there's anything that _uses_ those two...); but you can _force_ the two BI things to true, or, in our case, false.

Can anyone help?
and in addition does anyone know how to remove the target reticule?

We really need help here... :blah:

Well Nathan is busy finishing the next build, i think maybe he cant cause he is busy but im not sure :woot if he finishes it he could help you out matey, i think someone outder can help you out :shock:

Huuu huuu
I finally did it !!! :cheers :cheers :cheers

To remove the icons in the ship battles you just have to rename the folder
RESOURCETexturesBATTLE_INTERFACE
to something like
RESOURCETexturesBATTLE_INTERFACE1

and to get rid of the croshair just rename
RESOURCETexturesCROSSHAIR

I know its not the normal way but good enough for me
If you want to remove just the compass and the icons at sea edit the file
PROGRAMBATTLE_INTERFACEbattleinterface.c

change

to

BattleInterface.ShowNavigator = False;
BattleInterface.ShowCommands = False;

ok thats it
YEAH!! :D

:cheers Good on you, matey! I know the feeling of success that comes when you happen upon the solution to a problem you've been struggling with! WTG!!! :cheers :cheers

Thank you Catalina it's a great feeling cause i tried everything and it didn't work but know it does and thats just soo cool! :p:

hehe Party Party :gday hehe

Everyone who tries to play without any disturbing icons knows that there is one small problem: you cant change to Map mode and you cant enter a harbour or board a ship. Well in this case just press F3 thats the hotkey for special actions! :dio

<!--`QuoteBegin-Grumblepunk`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grumblepunk)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hold fast[/quote]

<snicker!>

Back