• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to sell goods in enemy settlement.

AB704

Landlubber
I last played this game 10 years ago, now I do so using new horizons.

I know this is a noob question but apparently I forgot about something simple that was part of vanilla also.

FWIW, I play the original themed campaign "Tales of a sea hawk" Because of that the french are at war with me after spleighstown was attacked.

Doing my latest merchant store mission I was told to sell goods to Marigot on St Martinique.
Not even thinking about it I accepted and found the port of marigot but got attacked. I quickly understood my mistake as I remembered from years ago playing the original game where this was the case also.
Then I remembered I always took the ship to any other mooring location like a beach, so I did that.

Entering Marigot's outskirts battle music began and when trying to get anywhere near the gates all guards started attacking me.
Ofcourse I lost and then did it again just to make sure.

Not knowing what to do I tried to google and you seem to need a french flag. But that costs to much.

What's the deal here? Can you enter a enemy town or not? Do I need to pay attention to the shopkeepers merchant location offerings from now on not to accept one that he hands out to locations that are hostile?

Do I have to wait out a month and sell the goods elsewhere?

You do need a French flag, but it does not cost much. In fact, it doesn't cost anything! While at sea, press F2 to call up the interface screens, go to International Relations", and click the box next to the French flag.

It's a Letter of Marque, putting you into active French service, which costs money.

There is another option specific to Marigot. You could go to Philipsburg instead. Then look for the tunnel leading to Marigot...

Back