• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to sink your own ship?...

James-chan

Landlubber
Is there a way to sink your own ship? like a button or command? would be good because, the flying dutchman fight takes way to long? just something that would sink it instantly? thank ye, salty men. :whipa

I don't recall any fight where your own ship is supposed to sink, so I'm a bit confused...
What Flying Dutchman fight do you mean?

The only time I know where you fight the Flying Dutchman is near the end of the "Elizabeth Shaw's Disappearance" sidequest. Sinking your own ship certainly won't help there, you'll just die as usual. You're supposed to run away from the Flying Dutchman, which may be tricky as it doesn't care about the wind - indeed, apparently it sails better against the wind. Try to knock down a mast or two, or shred the sails with chainshot, then run away. Or, if you use WorldMap, try to switch to sailing mode as close to the fort as possible, then let the fort bombard the Dutchman.

It is actually possible to sink the Flying Dutchman, but the ship has an obscene amount of HP. You need a 1st rate man of war and a lot of ammo. And a lot of patience... Otherwise, if you hit it hard enough, the Flying Dutchman runs away from you, then you can sail into Cayman port to complete the quest.

ok ok, guys, thx for information, but can you help me sink my ship, with a button or command? :) because i'm trying to make a gif ye, see arr, of a sinking ship, is there any way of doing that? arr :wp

:shipI love this mod, really argh.

Couldent get that too work, am i doing it, right? (sorry) tried to press f12 and O after saving the console file.

Attachments

• Unknown.png
    Unknown.png
    98 KB · Views: 103
Couldent get that too work, am i doing it, right? (sorry) tried to press f12 and O after saving the console file.
Are you seeing "Executed console" on the screen? If not, then something is going wrong.

But if you do, that might be the wrong function call.
Other options:
Code:
Ship_Detonate(PChar, false, true);
You can change that 'false' to 'true' for some explosion effect stuff.
You can change that 'true' to 'false' to stay alive while exploding.
I think...

Or otherwise:
Code:
ShipDead(sti(PChar.Index), KILL_BY_OWNER, sti(PChar.Index));

I think at least something of that should work.

Iam not seeing "Executed console" on screen. ive never used console before until this point.

is there anything i can do to get console working? any previous guide? I can send you my console file maybe? what buttons are used in game to trigger console only "o" and "f12"?
Thank you.

Last edited:
If you don't see "Executed console" then something probably went wrong, in which case you should have a file "error.log" at the top level of the game installation folder (not in "PROGRAM" or "RESOURCE". Could you upload that? Also please upload "PROGRAM\console.c".

Ok guys. :onya definitly pressed f12 :3 I tryed all the commands in my own way. maybe i did something wrong.

Attachments

• error.log
    213 bytes · Views: 112
  • console.c
    35.2 KB · Views: 95
Try this. It appears as though you've deleted a block of lines; the version here is the original one with the line to sink the ship added in, and with the deleted lines still in place.

Are you trying to give yourself the Flying Dutchman? If so, copy this line:
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Put it above the 'switch(0)' command so it's outside the block, in the same place as the 'Ship_Detonate(PChar, false, true);' line.

Attachments

• console.c
    35.3 KB · Views: 94
It worked. Thank you, so much guys sorry it, took so long, if any of you need a .gif, maker i'll play ball. :pirates:cheers

if i was being picky i would ask for a way to make the sinking last longer so it, fully sink into, the water, but you get the idea of what i meant.

:ship:) Thank yee. ;)
sinking-ship-1.gif
sinking-ship-2.gif
Captain-has-a -heart-attack.gif

@Grey Roger Its fine, bro I like my galleon and doesent the flying dutchman have a weak mast? thx though, Bro. Would it be ok, for me to link you, guys a good free game on steam?

Last edited:
@James-chan, there are two extra things you might like to know:
- The F9 button hides the on-screen interface so you don't get all that clutter on the screen
- With Control+Left/Right Arrow, you can move the camera to any other ship, so you can sink another ship, then switch the camera to it and then (since you're not dying), you can just keep looking at her going down
:doff

Back