• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hows Your Game Going

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Well as some of you may have heard i'm trying to do somethings that will add more calibure cannons and culverins into the game aswell as improve the tactical side of battle with increased hp levels of ships, and hopefully improve the smoke effects of the cannons firing. So to test the changes i have made i started a fresh game, i was in the Bermuda Sloop. It has 8, 12 calibure cannons 3 either side and 1 at the front and 1 at the rear, this makes this ship some what useless for battle or improving cannons skills. Never the less i started doing merchant quests for the store owner, it wasn't long before i was been hunted down by pirates so trying to aviod them whilest reaching my destination asap was sometimes harder however for 2 months i managed to successfully aviod the pirates but one day i got cornered, i had pirate fleets all around me so i headed back to the nearest friendly port and waited for the pirate fleets to come within rang. I had gone back to the port for one reason, if the wind changed direction as the enemy came within rang of the grappling hook i might miss the chance to hit attack and then hit go to world map avioding the enemy. Just as i said the wind changed direction and i had a Sloop attacking me, 16, 24 calibure Culverins. the fort was firing at the Sloop as was i. This was the first time my cannons had been fired so my cannon skill was 10 as was my aiming, trying to hit something with cannons and aiming skills of 60 and firing 40+ cannons can be hard. Trying to do that with 3 cannons would be imposible, in the end after 6 game hourse of battling i boarded the Sloop and captured her sinking the Bamuda Sloop due to not having any officers at that point.

The cargo hold for the Sloop use to be up to 900 but i increased that to 1,500, the Sloop was used for cargo by pirates and it is said that it could hold a lot so i felt that 1500 was justified by that fact. Anyway my cargo hold for the Sloop was 1400 and the speed was 16 knots. For a further month i kept the Sloop making around 7000 to 8000 per route for the merchants, Finally my sailing skill was good enough for the Fluyt so i bourght myself a Fluyt. I bourght as much silver as i could from Saint John's and sold it at Basse-Terre for a nice tidy profit of 50,000 piasters, i then started improving the officers i had taken on trying to focus on the trade and sailing aspects of the officers first, it wasn't long before i was able to almost sail a Galleon i was 1 skill down and all my skills showed as -1 for it, i thourght what the hell i will keep the Galleon.

This is when the foundations for my fleet would be founded, for a few weeks i sailed from port to port delivering cargo's for the merchants till i noticedanother Galleon in the shipyard which i bourght so now i had two Galleons mine and my companions. By the end of the month i had filled each of the companion slots with Galleon's and with my trade now at 100 and my nav at 81 i decided to look over the trade records and see what was selling low and where. Thats when i noticed every port near Basse-Terre was selling something Basse-Terre would by at a profit so i started at Charleston in Nevis and sailed in a clockwise like fasion to Saint Jon's, Bridgetown, Port Of Spain, Fort De France and back to Basse-Terre selling all the goods i had bourght. I had only been buying, Sandalwood, Gold, Silver, Mohogany and Ebony, the first time i did thgis i ran out of money at Bridgetown so i had to head back to Base-Terre earlier than i would have liked. After just 2 attempts i had amast a total of 4 million piasters in profit and i'm only in August 1665 with 6 Galleons which cost between 80,000 and 102,000 each. I didn't bank any money instead i put the Galleons in to storage and bourght a Corvette because the ports had all ran out of iteams i could buy and make profit on, i figured i would head to the pirate settlement at Bermuda and buy a letter of marque from them allowning me to fight all English enemies which are Spain and Holland and of course the dreaded pirates.

My new line of work will be to capture and sell ships till the ytime comes when there is profit to be made from trading again, i could have continued to do merchant quests which i would have made anything up to 400,000 piasters per route but i wanted to test the new ships hp levels out. The Corvette has a hp level of 6000 and a speed of 17 knots and a cargo hold of 3200. Fully upgraded as is the case now, the Corvette can reach 20 knots, has a hull strength of 8150 a cargo hold of 3700 and a calibure of 32 pounders. If this is the best Corvette in the game apart from the Quest one of course which has much better stats then the standard Corvette i will be more than happy with this ships updates/edits to remain as they are and can be ticked off the list, i have to do that for each and ever ship i have edited so it will be a very long process.

Anyway hows your game(s) going?

Not going at all I have the U.S. version and it doesn't run the game at all and i had this game since May 2009. I thought they would have a patch for it to fix this but nothing at all!!!!!!!!

Back