• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Humphrey Douglas bug

bna

Sailor Apprentice
Interesting bug with Humphrey Douglas (as officer).
When you give him some sabre he SUDDENLY switches to it!
But after he dropped his unique musket to inventory he disappears from all game locations completely -- he is invisible as fighter or even as ship officer in wardroom. There is absolutely no way to try to take away his sabre.
Beware!

I'm absolutely sure that in vanilla or CM you can give him any weapon without a risk that he'll switch to it.
Looks like some unique parameter was accidentally changed and now he acts as regular officer with non-playable result :)

Interesting...

OP did the mod to allow the musketeer animation to be transferred to other NPCs. I suspect that he allowed the regular weapon animation to be transferred back to Douglas.

A bug I one of the beta testers (Sedulius) just found in Eras was that the double barrelled muskatoon he holds is invisible when he holds it.

I think the model changed and that's why. I will message OP with questions on this.

MK

This is an issue that's been around for a long time and I've yet to figure out whats going on given that HD was never touched.

Originally the game only had one musket, in the CM/GoF! we added a second musket to the game. Only soldiers spawn this musket while everyone else spawns the default musket. In regards to HD, the code used on for him to spawn his special musket was copied in order to tell the game Everyone use musket X, soldiers use musket Y and HD use musket Z.

It's possible that maybe there's a missing comma or semicolon somewhere in the code, but I don't know for sure :modding

Back