• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

i am in need of some help

jonoblob

Landlubber
ok i have downloaded the mod (build 14) and placed it in my potc folder (with the engine models ect) and have moved the entire bathesda folder out of program files as suggested BUT
1)when i run the game the game is unmodified
2) when i run the mod on its own the computer loads it contiguously and wont stop unless it is ended with task manager
3)when i run them toget her it begins to load but crashes

i am using vista

thx for any help

:gday

Welcome! It appears that you did not actually install the mod. You seem to have read the FAQ and moved POTC out of "program files". This is good. It is probably not good to have the mod in your POTC folder. I have never done it that way.

Have you clicked on the "build 14_beta 2-1full.exe"? It will ask you where you want to install it, and you should direct it to your POTC folder.

thx

however the problem is now is that when i try to run the build on its own it just loads without doing anything, it may just be the speed of my pc but could it the build was not downloaded properly--is it worth uninstalling and re-installing?

ok never mind as i was typing that it was attempting to load it just has started to download

i guess i am just impatient

thx for all your help

ok.....now i have another problem

i didnt want to start a whole new topic

when i go to play my mod it begins to load and comes up withe the error: 'runtime error! abnormal termination'

anyone had this before?

There are several threads on this page where others have had the same problems you are having. You may find the solution to your problem there. There are many possible reasons for your problem ranging from a bad download to an improper installation to hardware incompatibility.

Try the information from the FAQ linked in my signature and see if that gets you anywhere. :doff

Back