• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed I can't save my progress : save_load file corrupted ?

Loïc

Landlubber
Hi,

I have installed POTC this week, and am unable to save my progress :
When i save a game while playing, everything seems to work, except when i want to load a game, i see that no new game has been saved, furthermore no new file is being created in my SAVE folder.

To be noticed :
1. I played a few hours, successfully saved a few games, then couldn't save anymore.
2. I checked the MAX_SAVE_GAME_LIMIT, increased it thinking this might be the problem : Made no difference, I still can't save a game.
3. Even when I play a new game, I can't save even ONCE.

Thanks for your answer(s)

Could you upload your compile, error, and system log files please?

This is an odd problem.

"compile, error, and system log files"
You mean, for example, the save_load file?
I'm not very familiar with the technical vocabulary.

Open your POTC folder and look for those log files. The compile.log and system.log will be there and maybe the error.log will be there. The system.log will be at the bottom. Then upload them here so we can see what is happening.

Hm strange i can't find them, even when using "research". I downloaded the game, here is a screen of the folder's content, maybe it differs from a legit version?

Attachments

• POTC folder content.png
    POTC folder content.png
    19 KB · Views: 214
I recall seeing that once when Windows Security Stupidity doesn't allow the game write access to its own game folder.

What folder do you have the game installer to? See if you can find another with less security.

Back