• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I can't seem to install this to Windows 8

FrostFox

Landlubber
I know i have all of the recommended system requirements, but whenever i put the disk in and I get the installation menu, (if it even manages to show up) it just starts to freeze up and not respond. Like, when I clicked "install", it just froze the menu, and I had to eject the disk.

I installed COAS long before I got win8.1, but in order to get a dvd to work at all I had to install something called BlazeCD in order to get a disk to work.

Win 8.1 sucks.

Try to run the install as administrator. I have Win. 8.1 and I have no troubles with Coas.
Also there is the compatibility tools

Also, whenever i put in the disk, and it tells me what to do with the disk. I run a program called autorun.exe, and nothing happens. I just hear my computer whir every few seconds or so.

Choose Run program from media. You will find compatibility tools here: control panel/security/
compatibility.

Last edited:
Your problem is one of the main causes which decided that I wouldn't install the newer version of Windows.
I've got Windows 7 now, I had got Windows XP before.

In my opinion these both versions are really good but in Windows 7 I've noticed some problems with some games. There are even a few my favorite games which I can't install if I use Windows 7.
That made I wouldn't change the system.

I heard Windows 8 is a huge crap by the way. Is it truth? Many problems with compatibility, etc. ?
Don't install Windows 8 because Windows 10 will be relased soon.
I don't why they won't release Windows 9 by the way.

th
Your problem is one of the main causes which decided that I wouldn't install the newer version of Windows.
I've got Windows 7 now, I had got Windows XP before.

In my opinion these both versions are really good but in Windows 7 I've noticed some problems with some games. There are even a few my favorite games which I can't install if I use Windows 7.
That made I wouldn't change the system.

I heard Windows 8 is a huge crap by the way. Is it truth? Many problems with compatibility, etc. ?
Don't install Windows 8 because Windows 10 will be relased soon.
I don't why they won't release Windows 9 by the way.

Q: is windows 8 a pain for compatibility?
A: Yes , its basically a mobile OS

Q: why no windows 9?
A: that itself is a compatibility issue , if they called it 9 then some programs would think its 95/98

Back