• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I found a cursed Aztec coin, why am i not invulnerable?

One has to fling that precious metal up into the air and in the moment when it lands on the edge you have to wish for being turned into a god of sorts. Then send a husky to look for it in the yellow snow.

Must be a scrape medal then, have a rot dog instead. If it's one of the trick tokens use it for making some peeps go giving you more of them. Say: Head I win, tail you loose, a-hey. - I will be preparing some things in case you become invincible, scilicet a bunch of 9 out of 11 boomerangs and four flights with one swatter. Beat this with your weapons of choice then. And ow, we know about lightning rods. .. completely useless, them lots.

Found another one, still not cursed with not able to die no matter what and not having to eat.

All I think they do is reduce your Luck if you carry one - if you have more than one the effect is not increased. I think

Since it's rather important to have a little fortune especially at the beginning you can try and get rid of them. I could think of three ways, without looking.

There was an unfinished mod that made you look like a skeleton at night time when you had a cursed coin.
However, that never made it into the Build mod as it didn't work right and wasn't finished.
Maybe we can try again.

On the other hand, shouldn't it only happen if you take a cursed coin from the chest on Isle de Muerte?
It used to be with any random chest, which doesn't agree with the first film.
And at the moment there IS no chest containing coins on Isle de Muerte that you can use to curse yourself with.
There's just quest use but no generic use of all that stuff.

I have to admit, I'm rather disappointed with the treasure in the Isla De Muerta cave. Is there any way to fill that cave with treasure like it is in the movie? Namely the cursed chest?

If we can find a little 3D model that looks like it or if one of our modelers can make it, sure. :yes

All we basically need is a slightly enhanced rectangle shape. I can texture all the fancy stuff on it.

See? Not much to model really.

Aztec_Gold_Chest_COTBP.PNG

Yep. Or one with and one without lid so we can swap them out as required by the story. Though without lid would be simplest.

Along with that, we need to add ton more treasure. Maybe I could help with that? How would I go about doing that?

We'd need a "pile of treasure" model that we can put all over the place.

Back