• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I lost a mast. Help

Zantozzzz

Landlubber
hello my ship is the Cinco galias. I was heading to Portobello for the Kill the Beggars quest but I couldnt enter the city because I was disquised as a spanish and I had a french ship on my six. So I was right in front of the port but I was trying to maneuver the ship to go as far as possible from the french ship to go out to the map and enter again but while I was turning my ship I crashed it agains the big dock you see next to the portobello city. I have tried repairing it in the world map or in the open sea mode using the quick repair skill but the sail durability bar is very low but when you open the ship menu it says its sails durability is 100/100. I tried to repair it at the shipyard but I cant because it has its whole durability. Is there a way to recover the mast back?

Masts can only be repaired at shipyards, but you say that didn't work for you which is strange. I think the best thinbg for you to do is get a ship and let a companion use it, press F2 and go to the ships tab, now select the second ship and swap them over so your companion is using the ship you are having problems with. Now load chain shots and only fire at the sails and keep doing it till you take a mast out, then head back to the shipyard and repair the ship. Don't do this near a port because the fort might start shooting at you.

hello my ship is the Cinco galias. I was heading to Portobello for the Kill the Beggars quest but I couldnt enter the city because I was disquised as a spanish and I had a french ship on my six. So I was right in front of the port but I was trying to maneuver the ship to go as far as possible from the french ship to go out to the map and enter again but while I was turning my ship I crashed it agains the big dock you see next to the portobello city. I have tried repairing it in the world map or in the open sea mode using the quick repair skill but the sail durability bar is very low but when you open the ship menu it says its sails durability is 100/100. I tried to repair it at the shipyard but I cant because it has its whole durability. Is there a way to recover the mast back?

Just had a similar problem, after the English mission to capture the Spanish port I ended up with 4 ships with broken masts. If I loaded a game where I was in town when I went to the shipyard I found all my ships to be listed as fairly undamaged. If I boarded my ship I found the masts to be completely destroyed. If I then went back to the shipyard I got the proper damage readout and could repair fully.

My game then hangs when leaving the shipyard. Bummer :(

My game then seems to hang when leaving the shipyard. The loading icon does not come up but if I wait for almost a minute I do get out of the shipyard. I guess the mast models are being reloaded and this takes time and this is not indicated by a loading icon.

There is that goofey glitch that happens when you have too many ships in a small port. They knock bowsprits and fore masts down on one another when you anchor and go ashore. I've never seen all the masts down when this happens however. You could test this by saving and then selling all ships but one or two, repairing them and then see if it still happens. Very annoying.

MK

I had a similar problem in AoP: CT with my squadron of 5 MoWs. I would repair all ships to full hull and sails and as soon as I stepped out into the port, I could hear and actually see some of the overlapping masts falling into the water. this would happen with at least 3 or 4 ships depending on the size of the port. As far as I know, there isn't too much you can do to prevent this from happening other than only mooring off shore at ports that are large enough for all ships to fit comfortably.

Back