• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved I might be the worst pirate in history.. its F*cking hard :b

El cartanator

Landlubber
Oy' mates :) ********Note this is GOF mod 1.2*******

This mod is seriously amazing - That being said, it also makes it seriously hard.

A long time a go, i used to play POTC with build mod - And i do like the more "realistic feel", however i also desire some fun.. Normaly i try myself at games before begging for help, however having used all day getting nowhere i must turn for aid - And since i cant find a search button or a beginners guide, here comes :)

I tried with different settings - starting with difficulty lieutenant, using tactical warfare. - Ending in sailor (or whatever its called at the bottom) with dynamic gameplay.

I tried using different characters (I even tried one starting with a damn gun boat!? Explain me how thats done:b)

However.. I find myself beaten at every turn in this game.. So fair enough, i start out with little - and obviously have to build on this... However, with a 3000 coins startup - i find myself buying supplies (rum and powder mainly), some crewhands and repairing my ship.. Now i go out, and attempt fighting a small pirate vessel.. Now this turns bloody ugly each time - my crew and character is unskilled, thus failing at hitting the target getting shattered into pieces (with tactical warfare, it just takes longer... ) - Boarding is only possible on the lowest difficulty and even here i find myself failing at times...

I attempted at trading, however with 2000 spare coins i found this VERY hard - the trade prices are very steep and i earn little from each trip (400 coins or so) - and i often get raided by fast pirate ships which i attempt to escape..

I really require some startup tips, if this game is ever to be any fun to me - I guess im a really bad pirate, since i dont see any other asking for such help :b - Hey atleast i got the game installed, right? :D

Any help is appreciated - And if i can avoid it, i dont want some "cheaty tricks" :)!

One word mate...."fighting"

As unrealistic as it may be, fighting will level you up faster than any other single thing in COAS. Go into the jungles and take on rapists, thieves, thugs and the denizens of caves. Save lots and go back for more. This I don't see as cheating, but as getting the experience you need to be a master of the sword and pistol - essential skills for any commander - privateer, bucaneer, or naval.

MK

I dont find too many bandits in the outskirts of towns - However i found trading to be my easiest way... Found a good route, with good trade options both ways (pretty close to each other) - Now i saved for my second ship, which trippled my income.. i think im on the right track :)! Also took me some time to figure out, that having extra crew on deck, lowered the morale... damn all those mutinies i could have avoided. -Edit: oh, and that im able to bribe myself out of ship fights :b kinda saved me from pirates early on! - I had hoped for a "Beginners thread"

Thanks for the answer ! :)

Back