• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I think I screwed it!

Zantozzzz

Landlubber
I got the leyton dexter's quest from a citizen in the upper decks, he just came to me and told me about it, I dont remember his name. So I went to lea toors and she gave me the other clue of the quest but then I inmediatly went to the tartarus and as soon as I got close to the chest I got the "blink" saying my log book has been updated and I did not event talked to the admiral about it. Now I am looking for that key and I cant find it, I tried changing the item from a key to a blade and then to a ladder in the models folder but I cant still find anything, please help me I am tired and dizzy of looking in the floor of all the ships.

The possible sites are:
- St. Agustine: extreme bow
- St. Augustine ship tilted section of the St. Agustine on which it rests, in reference to the forward left side, access by sea
- Eva: space at the bow, with a piece of tree and bow door that leads to the catwalk for Esmeralda.
- Protector: on deck, near a metal object with backplate
- Carolina on deck with a stick of wood resting on a sort of inverted table.
- Fury: extreme bow
...or at least I think... :shrug

The possible sites are:
- St. Augustine ship tilted section of the St. Agustine on which it rests, in reference to the forward left side, access by sea
- Eva: space at the bow, with a piece of tree and bow door that leads to the catwalk for Esmeralda.
I havent found it yet. I just want to know if I am not in a blind alley because I didnt follow all the side quest line, I just talked to lea toors and then head just to the chest.

The possible sites are:
are those the only sites where the key spawns?

ok I am about to start the search of the gear under the city and I have not found that damn key yet. Is there any trick or cheat to get it?

You only have a certain amount of time from the start of the quest to find the Admirals key, if you don't find it, then the Admiral himself does and that part of the quest is history, and you will have to load a previous save game to try it again. As I posted in your other thread ...have a look at THIS POST!

how much time do I have? I even tried to find that key with the locator on and it didnt work. Is there a way to take that key from the admiral?

damn! I just loaded a game a saved just before entering the CoAS (in the storm) and I took the quest again, and I activated the locator, I went into every damn purple bubble and I did not get any damn key! That is what I hate of this game, lots of bugs and glitches (the image on the screen goes weird everytime I see maxim taylor or the Casper's leader.

Locator's are a pain, try this instead, make a backup of the Key item gm files, or rename them to .bak :

RESOURCE\MODELS\Items\keygrand.gm
RESOURCE\MODELS\Items\keymiddle.gm
RESOURCE\MODELS\Items\keysimple.gm

Make 3 copies of blade1.gm and rename those copies exactly the same as the three Key files, put the copy's in the RESOURCE\MODELS\Items folder. Start the game and load a save from just after you get the quest, you should see a sword on deck where the key is. After you find the key and pick it up, save and exit the game, rename or restore the original Key files.

The game isn't perfect to be sure, and there are quite a few flaws. We tray to fix them when we find them. The Admirals key does show up on deck, it is just small and tough to see against the deck texture. I have never had a problem with the graphics of this game, what are your system specs?

I used that cheat and it worked but just with the normal keys you get from the velascos cabin and the pedro hurtado's quest. My specs are
Intel Core 2 Duo 2,80GHz 2,79 GHz Processor
2GB DDR
Nvidia GeForce 6200 256MB
Windows 7 Ultimate

Glad ya got it sorted mate, the key model Seaward chose to use for this quest was just to small, and by the looks of it was intentionally made to blend in with the deck, making it an almost impossible task to find visually. The first time I found it was simply by accident, I happened to walk right over it and noticed the hand icon appear, or I would have missed it completely. The jewel quests from the money lenders is just as frustrating, and almost impossible to find.

Your system should have absolutely no problems handling this game, as long as you installed it outside of the default Program Files directory. It might be some kind of weird conflict with DirectX 11, if you could get a screen shot of that graphics error the next time it occurs that might help. One thing you might try, if you don't have it already, is installing DirectX 9, the game engine was originally written for DirectX 7. DirectX 9.0c seems to be a lot more backwards compatible than DirectX 11 is. It installs just fine on Windows 7, and there are no conflicts that I know of. You can get it HERE!

Glad ya got it sorted mate, the key model Seaward chose to use for this quest was just to small, and by the looks of it was intentionally made to blend in with the deck, making it an almost impossible task to find visually. The first time I found it was simply by accident, I happened to walk right over it and noticed the hand icon appear, or I would have missed it completely. The jewel quests from the money lenders is just as frustrating, and almost impossible to find.

Your system should have absolutely no problems handling this game, as long as you installed it outside of the default Program Files directory. It might be some kind of weird conflict with DirectX 11, if you could get a screen shot of that graphics error the next time it occurs that might help. One thing you might try, if you don't have it already, is installing DirectX 9, the game engine was originally written for DirectX 7. DirectX 9.0c seems to be a lot more backwards compatible than DirectX 11 is. It installs just fine on Windows 7, and there are no conflicts that I know of. You can get it HERE!
Corsairs3_0014.gif

that first one is the Casper's leader.
Corsairs3_0019.gif

The second one is Maxim Taylor.

Man could you please tell me why my game gets lag from 00:00 to 7:00 am in game time? thanks.

Back