• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

IDEA: Actual Meeting of PiratesAhoy! Members

Name: Pär Agnestig
Country of Residence: Sweden
Interested in a Community Meeting: YES!
Dates Available: Any time between 15 June to 15 August
Biggest Drawback:
Most Interested In: Seeing you guys.
Most Interesting Maritime sight close(r) to home: I've been there already.

About costumes: Think I'll dress up like "JRH".

Attachments

• outfit.jpg
    outfit.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 116
Name: Oliver Demuth
Country of Residence: Switzerland (Zurich)
Interested in a Community Meeting: Why not, but I don't think that I can manage to see you guys...
Dates Available: Depends.
Biggest Drawback: I won't fly to London, or elsewhere, just to fly back the other day, so I would have to combine it with a sort of city trip.
Most Interested In: Any kind of shark. :walkplankand HM Bark Endeavour. In a few years I'll visit Australia
Most Interesting Maritime sight close(r) to home: Well we'll get an old harbour crane from Rotterdam for an art project (Zurich transit maritim) So nothing worth to see here:p

Biggest Drawback: I won't fly to London, or elsewhere, just to fly back the other day, so I would have to combine it with a sort of city trip.

The National Maritime Museum is in Greenwich, London. You can access all the exhibits for free except the one payed exhibit. The Cutty Sark is two minute's walk away from the museum, and it's definitely worth seeing. Both took me about a day.

From London, you can take a train to Portsmouth, which takes about an hour and forty five minutes. Portsmouth Harbor train station is a two minute walk from HMS Warrior, HMS Victory, the Mary Rose, and a bunch of free museums. That should also take a full day, but you can be back to London in time for dinner.

Well tonight I don't really feel like filling in any forms, but let it be said I like the idea! Even though I've not been active in the community for years, it would be great to meet some of you people for real. Live in Brussels these days, so it would be doable.
Inez

Name: Dan (I'd rather not say my last name unless this is moved to a section of the forum that is viewable only by HoO developers, storm modders etc)
Country of Residence:Midwestern USA: Minnesota/Wisconsin depending on the time of year.
Interested in a Community Meeting: yes, though trips to farther away locales (such as Greenwich, places on the east or west coast of the US) would likely be dependent on my already having another reason to be there, which in the case of England comes up relatively often.
Dates Available: Probably sometime this summer, might depend on my summer job though
Biggest Drawback: I guess my schedule and distance i can travel are somewhat limited
Most Interested In: Sailing on the Niagara or Pride of Baltimore 2, going to Greenwich and/or Portsmouth, umm yeah I'm sure other stuff would be cool as well but haven't thought about it.
Most Interesting Maritime sight close(r) to home: There's usually smaller-scale tall ship festivals in the ports along Lake Michigan and Lake Superior throughout the summer. Otherwise, there isn't much that I know of. Might be a maritime museum or two in Chicago or Milwaukee.

Name: Sam
Country of Residence: Belgium
Interested in a Community Meeting: Yes.
Dates Available: April 4 -> 21, All Summer
Most Interested In: HMS Victory, Portsmouth.
Most Interesting Maritime sight close(r) to home: HMS Victory (Already seen the Batavia)

This is a great idea, it would be awesome to meet you all in person! Unfortunately, I don't think I could make anything outside the US at this time.

Name:
Ron
Country of Residence: Illinois, USA
Interested in a Community Meeting: Yes
Dates Available: Summer would probably be best, but I am open to any time really.
Biggest Drawback: My job, money
Most Interested In: USS Constitution
Most Interesting Maritime sight close(r) to home: Lake Michigan Tall Ship Festival, Chicago Maritime Museum. Chicago Museum of Science and Industry

I live in Texas anyone in Texas?

Chas,

I currently am in San Antonio and regularly travel to Austin, Houston, and Dallas as well as overseas and other main cities in the United States.
In a pinch, I can help dependent on what may come to pass...
Cheers!

I will be visiting Portsmouth somewhere between 16 and 27 April. Anyone interested in dropping by?

Back