• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for new islands

New Orleans, Vera Cruz, and Singapore. It will be interesting to see how those are faked for our stories.
doff.gif

I guess I don't have to do any work on Vera Cruz. I forgot that Bartolomeu already did that, and rather nicely too. I may just make my own, but his would work too.

I'd suggest not doing another Vera Cruz; that's just confusing having two versions of the same town. :wacko:

Topic merged with other topic on Junks ;) http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15116-the-amazing-junk/

Singapore in the Caribbean? :blink: LOL... what about England? It should be really 'a world map' then so much bigger than just caribbean..... having Singapore there in the corner of caribbean is too bizarre- it is on the another side of the globe- almost exactly.....

Isla Cruces would be nice to see- stealing the dead man's chest would be interesting- could cause Flying Dutchman attack...... at least needed for potc storyline but would be very random to see it as "secret" island in other storylines too :sail

A Singapore addition wouldn't actually be intended to BE in the Caribbean; we'd just "fake" it for the sake of the Jack Sparrow storyline.
Same thing for Isla Cruces; we'd make sure it wouldn't exist in anything but the Jack Sparrow storyline, just like Isla de Muerte.

Let's not forget about Isla de Pelegostos.
danse1.gif
AND Davy Jones' Locker AND Shipwreck Cove. And when we get to OST, Whitecap Bay and London.
william.gif
Oy. haha

As for my storyline, the only additional thing I would need is New Orleans.
keith.gif

We can fake pretty much anything. The main challenge would be getting the look down so that it at least gets the point accross, even if it's not quite film-accurate.

Shipwreck cove might be a tough one. You're gonna need a ton of wrecked model for that.

For Shipwreck Cove, could we use our actual ship models for that? You know, just all smashed up. haha
icon_mrgreen1.gif

For Shipwreck Cove, could we use our actual ship models for that? You know, just all smashed up. haha
icon_mrgreen1.gif
Isn't there some sort of Shipwreck city in City of Abandoned ships? I don't have that game (it doesn't look as good as this mod :doff ) could that be useful- isn't there already models from that game used for this mod?

icon_mrgreen1.gif

Or we could use the City of Abandoned ships area from COAS. Even though it wouldn't be completely accurate, it would get the point across. I think we should handle shipwreck cove like we handled Isla de Muerta. In the beginning of the Sparrow storyline, Teague slips you a map, and as long as you have the map, you can find shipwreck cove. (or we could have the map be one of the things Tia Dalma gives you with the compass on Muscetto cove). In the other storylines, if you go talk to, lets say, Teague and let him join you as first mate (like Gibbs who gives you the compass) he will give you the map to the cove, and you can go there.

Actually, I was a little disappointed with Isla de Muerta. I was hoping fora more expansive cave and a bigger treasure hoard.
dunno.gif
I understand the limitations of the game probably made it so the cave couldn't be too expansive, but I was really hoping to see a massive pile of treasure. I don't mean to step on the toes of whoever made it. Just expressing my opinion.

same! I didn't think the place we used for Isla de Meurta was that good. I think we should have used that small closed of cave location and somehow connect itto the groto we have on Cozomul.

Back