• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for new islands

I had some ideas to in mine and what we already have.

The first being, San Salvador/Turks. Instead, could we maybe name the island New Providence and change the haven we have to Nassau? In the Age of Pirates games, there was a pirate settlement of Mona, and it seems that we haven't made good use of this location. I say we should either use this pirate town location and make a pirate haven on Mona, or add one on Cuba which we could connect to the Pantano River. I would also like to see the town of Isabella on Hispaniola (instead, in the last three eras, France can control Isabella and we can rename it Sainte-Dominigne rather than replacing it with Santo Domingo, which should remain in Spanish hands. I know that these are probably not realistic t the moment, but I think the Nassau idea is the most doable.

How much new stuff are we going to have to add? I want stuff FINISHED! Not more new unfinished stuff. :facepalm

Renaming Turks to New Providence is quite possible though.

Since it was, without a doubt, the most famous pirate island of the early 17th century, I am in favor of renaming it New Providence.

Since it was, without a doubt, the most famous pirate island of the early 17th century, I am in favor of renaming it New Providence.
Shouldn't Cayman be pirate stronghold and nothing more during 17th century since it was permanently settled 1730s and now it is british colony already 1680 or something? In HTC-storyline it is logic though..... and i also like New Providence cooler name for that pirate place...... we need some storyline involving Blackbeard as well so at least then we need New Providence/Nassau

And what a mess that'll be! :razz

We can easily change town names, island names and nationalities based on the time period. As long as it doesn't interfere with the storylines that are set in that time period.
A lot of research went into the current state of things already, but we can always improve things further. :doff

And since Turks in the game now is located as close to where Nassau is in real life, I think it can pass (until we port it to COAS at least)

Back