• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

Another one..... Soo how about a free cam when shooting.. Maybe you press an "aim" button or you can press Q just to fire sttaite away. If you press say, middle mouse click, which need to be added to the list of possible controls, the would be nice to zoom on and out using it, but say middle mouse zomms on for a more accurate shot, but it takes time to aim so you could get shot or hit first which drops the aim. I really want to shoot birds and stuff. Also, possibly a blunderbuss or broomstick, shotgun, if it isn't already the grape shot. I would also like animals that I can hunt, maybe there's a wildlife Isle and with animals that you can hunt, and when they die you can loot there leather or their meat which will count as food. Stuff like, cougurs that attack you, or elks or zebras or lions. Also again me hello. Is there equiptble necklaces or tasismans? Ilke rpg games where you can equipt onto a person, instead of the basic click equipt, you could as a character model to the inventory screen and each item will show as a model on the character. I think I'm done for today ha

I lied. How about wrecks at sea, so qhost ships or destroyed ships, you can board them like a normal ship and they contain enimies, either skeletons or ghosts. And on the wreck, it will be like entering a cave. I think it was also in assasian creed, where there was treasure locations underwater, and the showed as bubbles on the surface. Maybe when sailing over them and going into the command menu or the deck, you can enter the wreck and it will be like a dungeon, with loot bit it might be more like cannonballs and grapes and gunpowder rather than swords and treasure ect. Basic shop loot. Maybe, you can find new items like, sail schematics, or ship schematics, weapons that only appear in them wrecks, or or rare chlotimg options and character face swaps. Maybe you can plunder ship cannons ect, however you will have to upgrade you ship with a breathing apperatus in order to enter the wrecks and you have a limited time to return before you drown and die. Same with the ghost ships, same as above however no upgrades needed, however if you don't finish looting the ship will sink back onto the underworld with you on it.

Your ship doing everything automatically, u just give orders similar like u do to your fleet ship. Like fight, sail away, turn towards waves, sail in certain direction like N, NW, S, NE, etc. + The commands that are already in game.

Your ship doing everything automatically, u just give orders similar like u do to your fleet ship. Like fight, sail away, turn towards waves, sail in certain direction like N, NW, S, NE, etc. + The commands that are already in game.
I definitely like the idea.
Puts you in the shoes of the captain/officer; rather than the helmsman, which never did make all too much sense to me.

If Hearts of Oak had happened, I would've hoped to put that in there.
But for PotC, it's probably a bit too complex to rework the base game logic like that.

Maybe it's something @Armada might consider for "Buccaneers!"?

Yeah, you could be officer on a ship. Also it would make game better for people who don't speed up time or use world map, or for people who can't really give full attention to the game because they're busy or something.

Maybe it's something @Armada might consider for "Buccaneers!"?
We'll probably do something similar for issuing orders to your fleet, but I think we'll leave the player in direct control of their ship for the most part.

The only exception we're planning is to let you select a destination while sailing and choose to "skip time", which will fade to black (imagine the captain taking a nap in their cabin) and then fade back in once the ship either reaches its destination or encounters another ship along the way.

The only exception we're planning is to let you select a destination while sailing and choose to "skip time", which will fade to black (imagine the captain taking a nap in their cabin) and then fade back in once the ship either reaches its destination or encounters another ship along the way.
Now WHERE have I heard that concept before?

Ah yes, now I remember...
I was begging for that on Hearts of Oak.
Nice to hear you'll be able to work that into your game! :cheers

There is already a "Master and Commander" custom start - you can pick Jack Aubrey as a character in "FreePlay", which gives you HMS Surprise.

Writing a whole new storyline is a long process requiring a lot of commitment, and anyone wanting to put in the effort probably has his own storyline in mind. If you want to try writing a "Master and Commander" storyline yourself, we'll help you, but you'll be doing most of the work!

Ooh. Does anyone know where I can get the post captain outfit? Currently playing in 1685 as a privateer, entire crew is dressed up save for me.
That won't work. If you're playing as a privateer then you're not a naval officer and won't get the free ships when you are promoted.

You'd need to start a new FreePlay game. Look for Jack Aubrey in the character selection screen - you should find him if you set the nation to British and the fame level to "Specific". You don't need to delete your existing game, just choose a new profile name. Be careful, it keeps resetting to the default "Player" whenever you change anything, so change the profile name as the last thing you do before starting the new game. (You should get a warning if you're about to wipe an existing game.)

I know, I prefer privateering because there is more freedom when it comes to choosing ships plus this is the same free play I started last year, quitted piracy. The outfit is only limited to naval storylines? Sad
That won't work. If you're playing as a privateer then you're not a naval officer and won't get the free ships when you are promoted.

You'd need to start a new FreePlay game. Look for Jack Aubrey in the character selection screen - you should find him if you set the nation to British and the fame level to "Specific". You don't need to delete your existing game, just choose a new profile name. Be careful, it keeps resetting to the default "Player" whenever you change anything, so change the profile name as the last thing you do before starting the new game. (You should get a warning if you're about to wipe an existing game.)

You should be able to find the outfit in any British tailor. Look for a line "I'm feeling like a lucky master and commander today. Do you have anything to suit that?" If you don't see that line, quit the dialog, then talk to the tailor again; he should offer a different set of outfits. Keep trying until you see that line.

But you won't get free ships when you are promoted. Only naval officers get those. That's the trade-off for not being allowed to capture or buy a ship for their own use.

Hello, I'm new to this mod from finishing the stock game for the third time (yes I love it). I really like how the mod offers more options. At the same time, i also have some ideas for maybe future development? If ever of course.

- Sieges. It is sometimes possible that nations will attack each other forts. And maybe win maybe lose. If they win then that colony's nation will change to winner. There is also possibility that your own colony might be attacked so you have to defend it. If you just capture one, then chances are enemy will retaliate. Also, how come I cannot install new government after attacking martinique? It only gave the option for ransom.
- More new models for characters and towns instead of retextures. The original game had almost all towns/locations have different models. I know this is alot of work but just putting out this idea if anyone interested.
- Have the option to get rid of those random people in swords everywhere. Also seeing elegantly dressed women in swords is quite odd. One time I even saw Silehard walking around with a sword. I prefer just having normal townspeople and guards like in the original.
- Restore the unarmed citizens in the jungle like in the stock game. This allows you to be an asshole and attack them at risk of losing reputation. But sometimes a rich civilian might be taking a stroll in the jungle with some guards and if you attack him you get money at the risk of losing reputation.
- Losing reputation should not be after you hit someone unarmed, it should he after you kill them. It's funny how I punch someone several times and end up Horror of the High Seas lol.
- Preserve the original gold and experience levels. In the mod XP and gold is so much higher and as a result you often encounter people with 400 hitpoints. I think this is way too high. Also, the original stock game quests are here, and the reward for money stays the same so it isn't consistent with the raised prices in the mod (e.g. you get only 15000 for taking out the animists).
- Iron Man mode is fun but I would be surprised if anyone tried putting this on for the entirety of the game? Considering it takes an hour to go from island to island. I wonder if there is any way around this.

These are just a few of my ideas. I understand not all will like them, I just felt like sharing them. I understand this thread is old, but I feel like this is the only place where I could post this.

Cheers.

- Iron Man mode is fun but I would be surprised if anyone tried putting this on for the entirety of the game?

I only play on ironman mode :thumbs1

Considering it takes an hour to go from island to island.

well, thats the whole point :rofl altough you have the speed up options (not pretty to watch tho) I'm usually studying/drawing/painting so I leave it on the background

Edit: You could also increase the wind speed of the world, making all the trips faster overall
take a look at this thread : Need Help - Editing Wind speed / dismast mod

I wonder if there is any way around this.

There is! Playing on Realistic mode! :D

Im not familiar with the other difficultys on NH, but i'm pretty sure you can edit the option files to have the difficulty options of Iron man mode (while playing on Realistic for example) without having to forcefully sail the sea manually

Last edited:
Back