• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I'm missing a language folder I think

whizzae

Landlubber
Arrrr! I'm a wannabe pirate but unfortunately my game doesn't speak English! I'm referring to age of pirates 2: city of abandoned ships
I've uploaded the picture right there that shows what's in my RESOUCES/INI/texts folder.
As you can see, something is wrong. I seem to be missing an english language folder

The configuration text file goes like this.

;
; ini file for language information
;
[COMMON]
defaultLanguage= russian
;defaultLanguage= russian
;defaultLanguage= french
;defaultLanguage= german
;defaultLanguage= spanish
;defaultLanguage= italian

strings= common.ini
GlobalFile= globals.txt

[DIRECTORY]
English= english
Spanish= spanish
German= german
French= french
Russian= russian
Italian= italian

[FONTS]
English= fonts.ini
Spanish= fonts.ini
German= fonts.ini
French= fonts.ini
Italian= fonts.ini
Russian= fonts_rus.ini
Technically I could try changing my defaultLanguage to english. However that only works out to give me blank spaces in the game where text is supposed to be. So unless I get my hands on a English language folder with stuff inside, I can't play it! (Yes, I've trawled the whole internet but nobody seems to have the foresight to upload an English language folder especially for this kind of situation. :()
So if any kind soul can send me his/her "RESOURCE/INI/text/English" folder, I will be so eternally grateful..!!
arrrr! PLEASE HELP ME OUT..:ship ARRRRRRRR!

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 290
I realised I did not specifically state my problem. Thing is, the game I have is all in Russian. Which unfortunately does not happen to be my forte. So my only solution is to get that English folder up and running, or I have no choice but to attend a quick 5 year course in Russian. Boo.

It's supposed to be like that. The text files in it are in English so the question is how'd you end up with a Russian copy?

The text for the dialogs is in the Program \ text \ dialogs folder.

They are H files. If you are getting Russian in the dialog boxes - then the files in this folder should contain Russian text.

Attached is a copy of my dialogs folder ( english text ) for the vanilla game.

I hope it helps

Attachments

• Dialogs.zip
    707 KB · Views: 378
Hi peeps, thanks for the help! but that folder isn't quite what I need. I seem to already have the correct 'Dialogues' file already though.
I think I need the folder RESOUCES/INI/texts - This is the part where the game store's the language files I think.

Attached is the Text folder from Resource \ ini \ --- from the English Vanilla game

It appears to contain the quest book texts - & the screen interface texts and that is all as far as I can see. :confused:

Attachments

• texts.zip
    141.3 KB · Views: 371
Back