• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Improved Build 14 Beta 3 Installation Process

Hmm.... It does check if "Build Info.txt" is present to know if the full archive is needed or not.
But of course Beta 2.5 had that file too, so there's nothing preventing you from installing it on that.

This won't be much of a problem for the public release, because that one will ONLY be a full installer.
Then every update after that will be compatible with the previous Beta 3 public release.
But it IS annoying while we still have it in internal testing.

I do know how to make the installer check if a certain file is present.
But this might require checking a line IN a certain file. Not sure how to do that.....

Maybe you could include a small text file with the name of the mod version in each release?
Or simply rename Build Info.txt each time instead. Either way, that would avoid having to find certain lines inside a file.

Since we have no clue why things are still going wrong for some people, I am marking this as "Solved" because there isn't much else we can do at this time.
At least it is much better than the earlier process.

Well, I've got an updated Beta 3 Full archive ready as it is. Confirmed to install correctly too.
I'll wait until Sunday though for some last-minute testing and hopefully a bit more updated content.
But anyway, this means we'll be able to release it soon. :yes

Back