• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Improved pistols

POTEHO has this 4-barrel pistol. 2 flintlocks and 4 barrels.
That does look nice! If you upload the files for it, it's going to be the new "pistol4".
There is also pistol26 already in POTC which I imported as a quest gun for someone a little too eager to copy what I had made.
Maybe you can use that one as well. I made it a grapeshot pistol. Not necessary at all.
Yes, I'd already spotted that - it's why I haven't used the AoP quad-barrel pistol to replace "pistol4". ;) It may as well stay there, especially if that POTEHO quad-barrel goes in.

Thanks!

Pictures of the interface picture and the new pistol in action:
pistol4a_interface.jpg pistol4a_firing2.jpg

The last two - "pistol3" and "pistol8".

pistol3_firing1.jpg
"pistol3" is the grapeshot pistol. Like "pistol5", the model takes parts of the texture from one area and re-uses them somewhere different. The main effect is that the hammer is not detailed because the hammer's texture is re-used for the muzzle - a detailed hammer means you can see that detail if you look into the barrel. But you won't see the hammer all that well anyway except by using free camera and zooming right in. Meanwhile, I've been having some fun with alpha maps. Having seen from Ciri's sword that a grey alpha map can produce a shiny finish with the texture colour showing as well, I tried it here - the barrel and the brass plate on the left side have a medium grey alpha map, while the wood has dark grey, so all the metalwork is very shiny but golden instead of silver, while the wood looks slightly glossy and polished.

pistol8_firing.jpg
"pistol8" is the brace of flintlock pistols, though instead of being a retexture of the single pistol model ("Piratespistol"), it's a retexture of the "pistol2" model. Again, I've been playing with alpha maps. The texture for the barrel is plain flat medium grey while the brass bits are plain flat pale yellow, so it won't look all that good in GM Viewer. But the barrel and brass bits have medium grey alpha map while the wood has dark grey, so the metal bits are shiny and the wood appears polished.

@DeathDaisy: as I recall, your system showed your original texture of Ciri's sword to have a silvery blade while mine showed the same texture to have a grey blade. That means your system, perhaps with ENB or reshader, may show these pistols differently. Could you please download and extract the attached file and see how the pistols look in your game? (If you don't have the guns in any existing campaign, you can put a couple of "GiveItem2Character" commands into "console.c" and get them.) You may want to copy the original "pistol3.tga.tx" and "pistol8.tga.tx" first, so that if the new versions look wrong, you can put the originals back.

Anyone else wanting to see how the revised pistols look can do the same, of course!

Attachments

• pistol_textures.zip
    142.5 KB · Views: 145
@DeathDaisy: as I recall, your system showed your original texture of Ciri's sword to have a silvery blade while mine showed the same texture to have a grey blade. That means your system, perhaps with ENB or reshader, may show these pistols differently. Could you please download and extract the attached file and see how the pistols look in your game? (If you don't have the guns in any existing campaign, you can put a couple of "GiveItem2Character" commands into "console.c" and get them.) You may want to copy the original "pistol3.tga.tx" and "pistol8.tga.tx" first, so that if the new versions look wrong, you can put the originals back.

Anyone else wanting to see how the revised pistols look can do the same, of course!
sure, no problems, Ill report back as soon as I get home to my comp :onya sweet work

ENGINE 2018-03-24 13-24-41.png ENGINE 2018-03-24 13-25-23.png
pistol3 and 8 look fine I think! 3 has a bit of shine on the stock, but that could be polished wood so nothing wrong there

however, I noticed the Horse Pistol has turned to chrome
ENGINE 2018-03-24 13-25-07.png
I dunno if this is new or an old problem I hadnt noticed

pistol 3 does indeed have grey alpha on the stock to make it look polished. But that horse pistol is not the new one - did I forget to include the new version?

actually I think I forgot to install the new_guns package and just installed the 3 and 8 so if the horse pistol is in there I did not have it installed. Ill install that and return with news

Back