• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved In-game advanced settings not correlating to settings files?

nicowaves

Landlubber
Hey guys,
I've noticed that the settings I set in the in-game advanced settings menu are for some reason not written into the settings files. (With that I mean InternalSettings.h and BuildSettings.h)

For example, if I set in-game that Pirates are to always use black sails, then in BuildSettings.h, PIRATES_BLACK_SAILS is still 0, but in-game the Pirates do have all black sails.

So what am I missing? Are these settings stored somewhere else? I'd really like to tweak my game settings, but apparently changing the settings files has no effect on the game.

EDIT: I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64, if you guys need that information.

"InternalSettings.h" should still work - certainly I always set a couple of things in there for general gameplay and sometimes a couple more for testing.

"BuildSettings.h" has been superceded by the advanced menu. Anything that could previously be altered in "BuildSettings.h" should now be available, more conveniently, somewhere in the advanced menu.

Ah, I get it now. I was just about to post that changing InternalSettings.h seems to work, but not BuildSettings.h.

Thank you!

I've noticed that the settings I set in the in-game advanced settings menu are for some reason not written into the settings files. (With that I mean InternalSettings.h and BuildSettings.h)
They're not meant to be. Those files only contain the defaults. The real settings go into the file named "options" in your main game folder.

This goes only for BuildSettings.h as InternalSettings.h has no overlap with the ingame menu.

Back