• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

increase loyalty

bobboberts

Landlubber
One of my officers-fighter keeps dropping in loyalty. The manual says you can increase loyalty with an officer by simply giving them a bonus pay. I can't seem to figure out how to do so? I've looked
at the character screen and other screens but don't see any 'raise salary' button?

Thanks.

Hmmm, ye kin transfer some o' yer gold o'er to dem directly, matey! :shrug

You mean stand in front of them and use the 'Trade' command? I tried that. You can only send over one coin at a time or all coins. Sending 100 coins takes like 5 minutes. I notice also once he recieves the coins they don't disappear.

You mean stand in front of them and use the 'Trade' command? I tried that. You can only send over one coin at a time or all coins. Sending 100 coins takes like 5 minutes. I notice also once he recieves the coins they don't disappear.

Its a good way once all the money lenders are full to store your piasters, just don't get those officer's killed though, like i did. :modding

One of my officers-fighter keeps dropping in loyalty. The manual says you can increase loyalty with an officer by simply giving them a bonus pay. I can't seem to figure out how to do so? I've looked
at the character screen and other screens but don't see any 'raise salary' button?

Thanks.

There is a button "raise moral" - probably this is what they mean.
BUT:
1. There is a bug - the neutral officers always lose loyality no matter what you do. So if you have a nautral officer dump him before his loayality drops to rebellious (or such).
2. The good officers like you to be a sissy. Don't capture the enemy captains or if you capture any release him for nothing. Also they don't like the contraband (even if you do it at enemy island). The good news is they like you to fill the storeroom FedEx quests - transport their goodies for couple of golds and they are happy.
3. Sorry - cannot tell you much about the bad officers. Actually if you don't do the FedEx quests they probably will be better suited for the naval warfare.

1. There is a bug - the neutral officers always lose loyality no matter what you do. So if you have a nautral officer dump him before his loayality drops to rebellious (or such).
Except for quest officers, who will never leave you no matter what. These include pretty boy Pitt and ugly dude Ogle for Peter Blood, Workman, the Musketeer, etc.

Its a good way once all the money lenders are full to store your piasters, just don't get those officer's killed though, like i did. :modding
Just loot the bodies? :doff

Thanks.

You could mod the game to increase all officers starting loyalty. This is what I did because checking how my actions affect my officers every time I do something is too much micromanagement for a pirate game if you ask me. If you want to mod officers starting loyalty in the game highlight what Hypercho has to say on page 3 of the Reanabling Cheats thread thats pinned above this one.

Well I'm not sure if I understood everyone correctly but I did about 12 trade runs between islands. My officers loyalty ratings never budged at all. Unless someone meant do missions for the store?

Anyways, it's just another error in the manual bottom of page 21 which says you can pay bonuses to officers. They left out the up down arrow keys from the key listing in the back of the manual as well.

According to page 21 under loyalty, the officer's reputation must match the actions of the hero, so a good hero means an officer with a bad reputation will become disloyal? I guess thats what it means, so you
have to hire according to your actions, I suppose.

Yes, get missions from the merchant.

I think it only works on good officers though. Not sure on that.

I checked the manual and saw what you mean. It may mean that when you use the morle button to pay extra money to your crew it affects officers too. Never noticed it of it does.

I've found it very easy to increase evil leaning officers loyalty by storming ships with overpowering force (so they surrender rather than fight) then throwing all the captured sailors overboard. They also seem to like throwing enemy captains overboard. Also, selling contraband to smugglers.

Very easy to keep them max loyalty.

If you have officers opposite aligned to actions you are going to soon take, you might want to stick them in PORT STORAGE with a random ship. Keep in mind you lose any soldiers on the ship when you put it in storage (learned that the hard way).

If you have officers opposite aligned to actions you are going to soon take, you might want to stick them in PORT STORAGE with a random ship. Keep in mind you lose any soldiers on the ship when you put it in storage (learned that the hard way).

Yes i think thats to lower the ships upkeep, however i think a mod should be made that allows you to store the ship with crew or without crew, the price woiuld cost you much more if you stored the ship with crew but thats to be expected.

According to page 21 under loyalty, the officer's reputation must match the actions of the hero, so a good hero means an officer with a bad reputation will become disloyal? I guess thats what it means, so you
have to hire according to your actions, I suppose.

From what I have seen in the game this is correct. Every action I take in the game, either evil or good, affects the loyalty of my officers.

I had to fire all my good reputation officers today because I was losing too much loyalty from them when I took a surrendered ship, captured the captain, and enslaved the crew. Does anyone let these vessels go? If you dont your better off with officers with bad reputation.

Does anyone let these vessels go? If you dont your better off with officers with bad reputation.

Letting ships go isn't such a bad thing, especially when raiding trade convoys. You can make a comfortable living just by taking all the gold or other cargo, and since you can have at most five ships anyway, you can either sink the ship or let it go.

Found a new option in the brothel today where I could let all my men party with da women. I'm guessing that raises scoundrel moral also.

Found a new option in the brothel today where I could let all my men party with da women. I'm guessing that raises scoundrel moral also.
This is equal to using "Raise moral" button BUT AT HALF price. Which means if you click once at "raise moral" button you get some raise of the moral for (just an example) 20,000 golds. Sending the crew to the brothel will cost you exactly the half - only 10,000 golds and will raise the moral exactly with the same degree.

Does anyone let these vessels go? If you dont your better off with officers with bad reputation.

Letting ships go isn't such a bad thing, especially when raiding trade convoys. You can make a comfortable living just by taking all the gold or other cargo, and since you can have at most five ships anyway, you can either sink the ship or let it go.

Bah, that doesnt suit my playing style. Even if I have a fleet, I take the surrendered ships cargo, and captain, and then sink the vessel. If a ship shoots at me its fate is sealed. I miss the surrender mode of PoTC, where ships would hoist the white flag, and then be inactive the rest of the engagement. In CoAS I always have to board before a ship will surrender which changes my battle tactics and respect for captives. My reputation suffers as a result.

Back