• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Increase Maximum Number of Characters in Locations

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
I wonder what would happen if we change this?
Code:
    if(LAi_numloginedcharacters >= 32)
    {
        Trace("LAi_CharacterLogin -> many logined characters in location (>32)");
        return false;
    }

in LAi_login
you wanna try @Pieter Boelen

So we can have more characters? Could get pretty crowded.
I'm not the right person to try as that requires fairly thorough testing. Maybe somebody else would want to.

I wonder what would happen if we change this?
Code:
    if(LAi_numloginedcharacters >= 32)
    {
        Trace("LAi_CharacterLogin -> many logined characters in location (>32)");
        return false;
    }

in LAi_login
you wanna try @Pieter Boelen

What is it supposed to do ?

Enable a location to have more than the current maximum of 32 characters ? :woot

That might be useful for some of the new locations - Santo Daomiguo, Havanna , Tortuga -- since they still look very deserted. :yes

Perhaps @Bartolomeu o Portugues or @Jack Rackham would be interested in this

:duel:

What is it supposed to do ?

Enable a location to have more than the current maximum of 32 characters ? :woot
Exactly that. :yes

To prevent smaller locations from becoming overcrowded and to avoid performance issues, if we do decide to change this, perhaps we should do it on a "per location" basis.
We could give locations where we want more/less characters to be used a ".MaxChars" attribute that can be used to override the default value of 32.

Of course before we do that, we should have an idea of whether the game does actually still behave itself with more characters in there.

That might be useful for some of the new locations - Santo Daomiguo, Havanna , Tortuga -- since they still look very deserted. :yes
True, that. Those locations are pretty big and some of the "character slots" are used up by BuildingSet constructions as well.

@Jack Rackham could you test with it and see what is happening?
I guess the limitation is only there to prevent to much memory being used. But it might be hard coded in the AI engine, but only one way to find out right :p?

Back