• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Increased random encounter chance

Possible it is. Easy - for who has delt with these things a little, like Mr. Peter who has a lot scrambled with them. For me it would be starting from A and B in these matters. And even though I can I hesitate.

This would be again in my vision a major modification concerning the subject and the effect. And these who know it prefer to spend months /actually it might be years/ on changing the flags and the icons of characters, which for me is something almost unnoticeable. To that, the X blue flag that for some out of the earth reason represented France, now represents Spain too, if you choose to play as spanish character in a storyline. And even it looks like two x-crossed roughly cut and unpolished pieces of wood,twigs. Not to start on monks that instead of adding bonus to you curse while pagan idols for some reason are full of pluses.

P.S. As an update to post31 I noticed today two more ships in game that use Galleon50, the oldest that should appear most rare - " Spanish Light Galleon" and "Spanish Royal Galleon". And just the idea, that the Light, the Manilla Galleon, the Royal one and the War version have one and the same hull /i don't count how many cannonballs fly out of it in battle so how many cannons has it, neither the number of ropes.../ freaks me out.

Last edited:
As I said: Find whichever ship you want to appear. Use the GM Viewer if you like.
Then find that ship in ships_init.c, change the period chance value to not be 0.0 anymore, press F11 in the game and that ship will now be able to appear.
Clearly you've got your own ideas of what you want to see. Nobody else knows what it is that you want, so nobody else could possibly do it for you.
But if you know what you want, it really isn't rocket science to make it happen. Would probably take a few minutes at most. :shrug

Where is it defined for the eras in ships_init what years do they correspond to ? These:

//Period
refShip.period.0 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.1 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.2 = 0.3; //
refShip.period.3 = 0.4; //
refShip.period.4 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.5 = 0.0; //

0 = Early Explorers (1500-1599)
1 = The Spanish Main (1600-1679)
2 = Golden Age of Piracy (1680-1739)
3 = Colonial Powers (1740-1769)
4 = Revolutions (1770-1789)
5 = Napoleonic (1790-1830)

See PROGRAM\Periods.c for full details.

Set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 and use the Select Storyline interface to find out. That's a great tool.

Back