• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Inez Diaz Tool needed

robinzon

Powder Monkey
After a long while away from gaming I've returned back to the GOF 1.1 modded COAS and after 2 days again stumbled on a problem I KNOW I fixed with some other ship months ago - the cannon replication bug.

The thing is I don't remember how I fixed it way back then nor can I find any good thread that would explain it without doing modelling. But I found this thread:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/replacing-cannons-on-bugged-ships.16629/
And now I'm in need of Inez Diaz Tool, but the problem is that every download link I've found is broken.

Can anyone please give me a working link or simply send it over PM?

The ship in question this time is the class Sirius. I opened the model with gm viewer and found a problem when comparing to ship_init.c : according to the gm viewer the ship has only 2 rear-facing guns, but the init file says there are 4. On the sides there are 22, while init says 21. I'm not sure if this is the reason why i can't fix fallen out cannons since they replicate in the hold, but I hope it IS the reason.

The problem is that when I edit the init file, load the game and the save, then buy back the Sirius from the shipyard I sold it to, the problem persists. Since there is no reinit button for GOF 1.1 the files should be reinitialised after the save is loaded, but the game still wants to load 4 guns aft and 21 on each side. Help?

Thanks!

Thank you! :dance

EDIT: huh. changed the locators and the init file. As said before, 22 guns on each side, 2 guns aft. I appropriated two of the side guns and changed their names to cannonb so they're rear guns in the locators field of the tool. I can now fix the cannons in the game, but: 1 cannon on left side remains red and I can't remove any of the cannons in the cannon screen, they continue replicating.

Any idea what to do?

I have no clue how GoF reinitializing does or does not work. As far as I know, a new game is required for any INIT file change. :facepalm

I have no clue how GoF reinitializing does or does not work. As far as I know, a new game is required for any INIT file change. :facepalm

Well, according to this http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/reinit-init_ships-base-ships-real-ships.18025/ which is a couple of posts above this one in the thread reinit is done for GOF 1.1:

The InitShips procedure (Ship_Init.c file) is run every time you load a savegame. No need for reiniting.

*shrug*
The baffling thing is that reinit doesn't seem to work in GOF 1.1 for game in progress, so to actually get the changes one made in the base file to work, a new game is probably needed.
What I wonder is how come this ship (and a few others) sailed by with the entire GOF-playing community scrutinizing every detail with excellent spyglasses without being spotted.

I haven't much of a clue what happened to the GoF development. Or even where the modders went. :(

Back