• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Infinite cannonballs/ammunition?

meowsandstuff

Powder Monkey
Staff member
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Basically, I'm the cheating type. It gets annoying when I have to board ships because I'm out of cannonballs, chainshots, etc. I'm sorta experienced in messing with the game files without making things explode, so is there any way to make it so ships dont use up ammo, or create infinite ammo?

Basically, I'm the cheating type. It gets annoying when I have to board ships because I'm out of cannonballs, chainshots, etc. I'm sorta experienced in messing with the game files without making things explode, so is there any way to make it so ships dont use up ammo, or create infinite ammo?
Should be possible, but I don't know a simple way to do it. You can have a look here for some clues on how to find relevant code:
Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!
There must be function calls somewhere to take the ammo from you, so commenting out those lines of code should do the trick.

I have been in the same situation as you describe though; what I normally use is "GiveShip2Character" through console (see also the thread I linked to above).
Effectively that works as an instant-repair, instant-resupply and instant-recrew cheat whenever you press F12.
It is possible to write a loop for this so it works for all ships in your fleet. If that isn't already in the example console code, then it is probably still in PROGRAM\Reinit.c .
This is all disabled by default, but I know I did it before and the code is still in place, just commented out.

You can always use the option section at the loading screen to turn off powder for the cannons and shot and powder for your pistols etc. and then insert a line into console to give additional cannonballs , grape , chain to your ship.
Pieter may be able to help with the code for this but not having to worry about powder would simplify things a little.

then insert a line into console to give additional cannonballs , grape , chain to your ship.
That's pretty much what GiveShip2Character does. It does a bit more than that, but there is indeed also a function to only do the resupplying.
It is hiding in PROGRAM\NK.c somewhere near the top, if I recall.

Back