• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ingame fight Graphics vs ugly sailing

Hornblower

Landlubber
Hello! I don't know if it is already integrated in the combined mod, so don't toss me overboard already if so. Unfortunately it's hard to find a complete feature list of the mod. Anyway....

You know the graphics when you are sailing first person on your ship and you know the graphics when you board a ship and fight. The boarding graphic is exactly how I think it should be. When sailing it's more or less disgusting. It seems to me that there were two seperate groups working at on this at akella. First I thought the boarding graphic is always the same but it isn't. It's really a shame that you cannot use it when sailing. Or can you? Is it really that difficult to get that going? I mean everything is already there isn't it? You just need to get the sea around it (o; Is there a possibility to get that going? thx

PS Watch the Hornblower TV series if you missed it. It's just awesome!!

I guess I'm not sure I fully understand your complaint. Is it that when you go to boarding mode that you should actually be fighting on the decks of the two actual ships involved instead of the same two fight deck scenes over and over? Yes, That would be very cool.

If its just that you'd like to see the same deck that you have in boarding on your ship when you're sailing, it's just one of those things about the game design that we've come to accept. Maybe someday we will have a coder skilled enough to make those kinds of things happen.

Have you tried to go first person sailing view on your ship mate? Push tab and you're on your deck. Maybe it's not as pretty as the boarding deck is, but as you progress, some of the decks are really detailed and beautiful. Even some of the smaller ships have really pretty decks.

Loved Hornblower. I have the whole series on DVD to include the newer ones where he's a Captain. I wish we could model the men in his division as seamen in the game. Styles would make a great character in COAS as well as Captain/Admiral Pellew.

MK

If its just that you'd like to see the same deck that you have in boarding on your ship when you're sailing, it's just one of those things about the game design that we've come to accept. Maybe someday we will have a coder skilled enough to make those kinds of things happen.

Yeah thats exactly what I mean. They did such a great job in modeling those fighting scene ships. I just can't understand why this is not the case for the sailing few. I mean it's 3D and everything and the same engine. Anyway.. thanks mate! I will try out your mod work now. Horni rules (o;

PS: Just one more thing. How can I go 1920 widescreen with it?

See this topic Mate: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16867-omg-it-worked-d-widescreen-aop2/

MK

Back