• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Inputting New Ships

TheUndreaming

Landlubber
Sorry my first question is a newb one. I understand all the scripting stuff (did a lot of scripting in Neverwinter Nights... this style is a lot like that :\) but anyways, the part I don't understand is how to add new ships.

What I want to do:
1.) Copy the Black Pearl model already with the GoF
2.) Copy one of the Man-o-war ship codes (below all this) and rename it to something else.

Basically a new ship that looks like the black pearl *shrugs*. I know not original, but I don't wanna edit the pre-existing ships, but instead add a new one under a 1st rate Manowar ghost-ship type o deal.

--The Ship:--

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/// ム裨 ミ・
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[SHIP_SOLEYRU]);
refShip.Name = "SoleyRu";
refship.Soundtype= "manowar";
refShip.Class= 1;
refShip.Cannon= CANNON_TYPE_CANNON_LBS48;
refShip.MaxCaliber= 48;
refShip.Weight= Tonnes2CWT(4500);
refShip.Capacity= 10000;
refShip.CannonsQuantity= 112;
refShip.rcannon= 48;
refShip.lcannon= 48;
refShip.fcannon= 6;
refShip.bcannon= 10;
refShip.MaxCrew= 1200;
refShip.MinCrew= 36;
refShip.BoardingCrew= 828;
refShip.GunnerCrew= 112;
refShip.CannonerCrew= 224;
refShip.SailorCrew= 1190;
refShip.SpeedRate= 10.6;
refShip.TurnRate= 32.0;
refShip.Price= 650000;
if(!RTBL) // = If RTBL is NOT enabled
{
refShip.HP= 20700;
}
else // = If RTBL IS enabled
{
refShip.HP= 19700;
}
refShip.SP= 500;
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\parus_SoleyRu.tga";
refShip.AbordageLocation= "Boarding Deck_01";

refship.CanEncounter = false;

refship.Type.Merchant= false;
refship.Type.War= true;
refShip.fWindAgainstSpeed= 1.0;
refShip.sea_enchantment= 1.0;
refShip.lowpolycrew = 28;
refShip.buildtime = 140;

refship.Rocking.y = 0.3;
refship.Rocking.az = 0.02;

refship.WaterLine= 0.5;
refship.SpeedDependWeight= 0.45;
refship.SubSeaDependWeight= 1.8;
refship.TurnDependWeight= 0.45;
refship.WindAgainstSpeed = 1.3;//boal
refship.CabinType = "Cabin_Huge"; // boal 28.03.05
refship.DeckType = "Big";

refship.InertiaAccelerationX= 2.0;refship.InertiaBrakingX= 2.0;
refship.InertiaAccelerationY= 2;refship.InertiaBrakingY= 2;
refship.InertiaAccelerationZ= 2.0;refship.InertiaBrakingZ= 2.0;

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2= 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3= 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_c1= 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_c1.vscale= 0.98;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2.vscale= 0.98;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3.vscale= 0.98;

refship.Track.Enable= true;
refship.Track1.ZStart= 0.30;
refship.Track1.LifeTime = 18.5;
refship.Track1.Width= "6.5, 7.5";
refship.Track1.Speed= "8.0, 9.0";

refship.Track2.ZStart= -0.15;
refship.Track2.LifeTime = 10.5;
refship.Track2.Width= "16.0, 18.0";

//Nation
refShip.england = 0.0; //
refShip.france = 1.0; //
refShip.holland = 0.0; //
refShip.pirate = 0.0; //
refShip.spain = 1.0; //

((literally how it looks in Notepad++ for me :p)) maybe name was in russian?

EDIT: Forgot to add, I renamed it to SHIP_WhisperingDeath, and in the ship name "WhisperingDeath". Wasn't sure if that would mess up the "reading" of the file or not, like if I have to copy the black pearl foldiers and rename to new ship name? and any other changes?

Go to the Storm Engine Modeling thread. There is a tutorial on porting ships from POTC to COAS that explains all the folders, files and the process. You will have to rename all texture and model folders that this ship will be substituting. You will also have to rename it in Ships.h and if you are fully substituting it (not just adding it as a new ship), you will have to code out all references of the old name. As part of this process you will have to write it into the Shipsutilities file as well in order to actually encounter the ship in game and at shipyards.

MK

thank you for the reply! :) Just one more question though? I was wondering more about the ships already in Age of Pirates 2? Like if its possible just copying over the black pearl resources from the GoF to make the new ship, as the new ship I want the pearl's looks, but that man-o-war's stats in the file. Do I still need to import from the POTC game/files or can I already use the COAS files to do this? (I'll still look at that thread you mentioned, just curious about this last question).

And thank you so much for the help :)

If that's all you want just find the ship's file you want to change in the ships_init file and edit it with all of your super-ship cheat numbers. When you start the game go to options and push Reinit and accept.

So here's the deal though...if you already have that ship (say the Black Pearl) she will not have the new numbers applied. However, you can sell her and the next one that you find/capture WILL have the new numbers that you input.

MK

Well that's the thing, I said I don't want to edit the pre-existing settings. I want to add it as a new ship(?) so it doesn't affect any of the ships that was 'patched' with GoF or anything. And was just curious if copying all the black pearl's files, and rename it to the new ship's name, and then which files I'd have to go into to copy/edit once again to apply all the changes.

I know just editing the black pearl would be the easy way, but I like making things complicated for one :p and two, I'm goinna be making future changes to the model, so don't wanna do the changes to the black pearl already in game. :\ hope that clarifies things a lil

The tutorial is still germane to the task you want to do because it still covers all of the same files involved. The difference is that instead of adding a ship, you are taking an existing ship and copying its files - renaming them and putting them back in. I would recommend you make two folders on your desktop RESOURCE and PROGRAM so that you don't confuse the locations of all the things that you are going to copy and put back in after you rename them. The second thing I would recommend is using a name close to the ship you are copying. For example for the texture folders and textures themselves, each folder and file have a "1" after. So TheBlackPearl1 is how you would see the texture file. You could rename the copied one TheBlackPearl21. This way you only have to add a "2" to the ends of all the places where you will have to rename each file. For an example of this look what I did for the Dutchlineship (even though it is two different actual ships for ease of adding the new ship I copied the first ones files and duplicated before I added the new Frederick Willem Zu Pferde files)

If you want to completely rename it something different, then you have your work cut out for you. So if you want to rename it ManOwar ghostship then you will have to rename all of the folders and files with that name.

There is an easier way to rename a ship if you just wanted a new name to appear on the interface and screen. Only two files have to be changed. But since you want a whole duplicate ship added you're gonna have to rename everything.

One other thing the tutorials won't tell you is that you have to change the shipsutilities file (either substituting existing ships with your new name or add new lines to the segments) if you want to see it at shipyards and encounters. Don't mess up the number sequence or the game wont start. I also recommend you copy your whole game over to a backup folder in case you screw something up.

Good Luck. I'm very curious about what you're wanting to achieve with this duplicate ship thing. Follow the porting tutorials keeping in mind during each step you are copying something and adding it back in instead of adding something new.

MK

Can i ask why you wish to have duplicates of the Blacl Pearl and a MOW for, if you are not playing with a mod installed you could so easily take any of the MOW's and use them for a different model. As for the Black Pearl you could use the Wicked Wench from the POTC build mod or out of CMV3.2 for COAS.

If you only want a new name to appear as MK said on the interface then its easy to do and you can simply copy all of the BlackPearl1 folders as already stated above and add a 2 giving the ship a name of BlackPearl21, this would mean that all files would need the ship to be duplicated and the 2 added to her entery which is a lot of work but a lot less than renaming te intire ship a different name.

Maybe I'm the one confused then... So the ships already listed in the ships_init file like the one I posted above... They don't spawn? That was only reason I wanted a new ship really. One not available to buy or encounter, but be my starter and only ship. But at same time have that risk if it's lost, it was the only one. How would I accomplish that with the ship in my OP and what are those 2 files to change name?

Some spawn and some don't depending on how they are implemented in the files.

So the ship you show above is a special quest only ship. There is only the one.

If you wanted it to spawn, you could add it to shipsutilites in appropriate spots, or some other files - say if you wanted pirate convoys or trade convoys, or etcetera... to have that ship.

You would also want to change this line in ships_init (refShip.CanEncounter = false) from false to true

If you wanted it to be your starting ship go to Program/characters/RPGUtilite

Find this line about three quarters of the way down and substitute with what ship you want. The line will look a little different from this one, because this is from my Era's mod.

if(!REALISTIC_SHIP_PURCHASE) // = If Realistic Ship Purchase is NOT enabled
{
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_TARTANE2), 0);

}
else // = If Realistic SHIP PURCHASE IS enabled
{

pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_KETCH), 0);

Keep in mind if you start with that ship its gonna be a bugger to level up until you get another one that your skills will allow you to control. That big ship will move, turn and shoot like a giant slow sow until you have the skills to use her. You will never gain those skills if you stay on board her.

MK

Ok that takes care of the first part. Last question before we end this topic: u mentioned 2 files to change screen name of the ship.. Which files are those please? :)

And I really appreciate the help thus far!

OK so the first folder is really the only one that is absolutely necessary, but the other one is still germane to changing the name.

1) Go to RESOURCE/INI/texts/russian/common

find this string and change from this...

string = SoleyRu,"King's Man-of-war"
string = SoleyRuGen,"King's Man-of-war"
string = SoleyRuAcc,"King's Man-of-war"
string = SoleyRuDat,"King's Man-of-war"

to this:

string = SoleyRu,"Man-O-war Ghostship"
string = SoleyRuGen,"Man-O-war Ghostship"
string = SoleyRuAcc,"Man-O-war Ghostship"
string = SoleyRuDat,"Man-O-war Ghostship"

You must not change the first part. The second part of each line is where you put your name change. Don't leave any spaces between lines.

2) Then find in the same folder...RESOURCE/INI/russian/ShipsDescribe

Find your ship. Don't change the name, but change the description as you wish

SoleyRu {
A royal line ship, first class: horrifying firepower, mixed with a refined hull and inspiring sailing properties. A grand ship for the ages.

change to whatever you want:

An extra skewey ghost ship cause it's so freaking big. It eats gay giant sterned ships like Disney's so called Queen Anne's Revenge for breakfast, lunch and a light snack after supper. :monkeydance

MK

Back