• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

installation and other noob things

rkimbal45

Landlubber
So I did the full install of 9.5 patch 2. (installed build 13, 9, 9.5, patch 2) and I noticed that when I ran the runme.bat (I think it was both the second and third time) I noticed some messages stating, file not found. Is that normal or did I mess up?

Also, when your on the deck of the ship, even when in port I notice it looks like your out to sea? is that a bug? Is that something that can't be fixed or something that will come with a later iteration?

I have to say over all the mod is really cool. I'm still trying to figure out how to do most things but I like the changes. I notice the opening level for the main story has been changed. I also keep getting attacked the first time I land in oxbay. Are there a lot of changes to the story like that?

and one last thing, if I may. Can I sale from oxbay to richmond without going to the "world Map" and how long does it take to do it?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a feel for how the game plays now.

Thanks again to all the peoples who brought this to the fans. :)

So I did the full install of 9.5 patch 2. (installed build 13, 9, 9.5, patch 2) and I noticed that when I ran the runme.bat (I think it was both the second and third time) I noticed some messages stating, file not found. Is that normal or did I mess up?
Also, when your on the deck of the ship, even when in port I notice it looks like your out to sea? is that a bug? Is that something that can't be fixed or something that will come with a later iteration?
Don't worry about it, its normal ;)
I thought you could see the port your in :facepalm
I have to say over all the mod is really cool. I'm still trying to figure out how to do most things but I like the changes. I notice the opening level for the main story has been changed. I also keep getting attacked the first time I land in oxbay. Are there a lot of changes to the story like that?
Nope, but you do get attacked at random in towns and ports now ;)

We have tried to keep the standard storyline as similiar as possible to the original but the other storylines are all completely different :D
and one last thing, if I may. Can I sale from oxbay to richmond without going to the "world Map" and how long does it take to do it?
You sure can thanks to CCC Direct Sail mod ;)

I'm not sure as how long it takes though (and it is called Redmond xD: [or Jamaica])
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a feel for how the game plays now.

Thanks again to all the peoples who brought this to the fans. :)
Don't worry about the questions mate, we are here to help ;)

I have to say it has been very fun being part of this project so we don't mind doing it :D

Most ports SHOULD be visible in the deck scene; we added that mod a long time ago.
However, some ports don't show, such as Speightstown (Oxbay) and the AoP-model based ones.

Yes, you can. If you use time compression, it doesn't take so long. Maybe five/ten real-life minutes?
On the other hand, it takes VERY long if you don't use time compression. Could take half an hour or more.
You will encounter other ships or stuff drifting in the water along the way to keep you occupied though.

Most ports SHOULD be visible in the deck scene; we added that mod a long time ago.
However, some ports don't show, such as Speightstown (Oxbay) and the AoP-model based ones.

Yes, you can. If you use time compression, it doesn't take so long. Maybe five/ten real-life minutes?
On the other hand, it takes VERY long if you don't use time compression. Could take half an hour or more.
You will encounter other ships or stuff drifting in the water along the way to keep you occupied though.

:) AWESOME.

:) AWESOME.

sorry if I"m too repetitive. so the way it works is you use the "world map" to figure your direction, hten you can sail entirely in game (using time compression so it doesn't take too long)?

I'm a noob and I have wanted to play POTC for awhile, but I always got annoyed cause I felt it should be more sim like on the sailing stuff. Thanks again. Actually, if there is documentation of all the pieces and how they work(like a big read me for each mod piece or something)?

If you have Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3 installed, you will find a lot of information in the \buildinfo subfolder.
There's a DirectSail ReadMe included. To sail to another island, use the mao (F2>Inventory>Maps>Examine)
to determine the course from your position to your destination, buy and equip a compass and set course for where you want.
Then you just keep on sailing until you get there.

If you have Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3 installed, you will find a lot of information in the \buildinfo subfolder.
There's a DirectSail ReadMe included. To sail to another island, use the mao (F2>Inventory>Maps>Examine)
to determine the course from your position to your destination, buy and equip a compass and set course for where you want.
Then you just keep on sailing until you get there.

Many thanks for the info. :)

abot that, the last time i tried that, i got a CTD twice in a row, first going to barbados, then going to curacao

Try again with Alpha 9.5 Patch 3; there shouldn't be any such weird CTDs as far as I'm aware. :shrug

Back